What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

This right now.
Attachments
71Dhi4I0AdL._SL1500_.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Kory wrote:
07 May 2021, 1:30pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
05 May 2021, 7:02pm
Faith No More is another 90s metal band with a terribly obnoxious lead singer that I happen to absolutely love.
I'm also a big fan, but only from Angel Dust forward. I follow a lot of Patton's work outside of that as well.
I like everything up until album of the year. I feel like by that time they started to sink into a more generic alt metal sort of sound and had begun to lose their uniqueness. Luckily they too saw the writing on the wall and called it quits. I actually really dig their early stuff with Jim Martin.

More of a dark gothic sort of vibe.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2021, 1:39pm
This right now.
Hell yeah, marky
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
07 May 2021, 3:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
This right now.
Hell yeah, marky
The mono box set. Great!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
07 May 2021, 2:38pm
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Faith No More is another 90s metal band with a terribly obnoxious lead singer that I happen to absolutely love.
I'm also a big fan, but only from Angel Dust forward. I follow a lot of Patton's work outside of that as well.
I like everything up until album of the year. I feel like by that time they started to sink into a more generic alt metal sort of sound and had begun to lose their uniqueness. Luckily they too saw the writing on the wall and called it quits. I actually really dig their early stuff with Jim Martin.

AOTY has some good synth stuff on it, though I partially agree with you. Jim Martin was great, he makes Angel Dust, but it's pretty hard to top FFAD with Trey Spruance. That album is like London Calling in how diverse it is. Well, not quite, but you know what I mean.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
07 May 2021, 6:02pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

AOTY has some good synth stuff on it, though I partially agree with you. Jim Martin was great, he makes Angel Dust, but it's pretty hard to top FFAD with Trey Spruance. That album is like London Calling in how diverse it is. Well, not quite, but you know what I mean.
Their song with Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. is the best song on the Judgment Night soundtrack.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

Yeah he was always a great riff maker. And yeah Mr Bungle is arguably better (braver?) than FNM but I always have a thing for bands that can take experimentation and fit it within the confines of an accessible rock/pop song.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
07 May 2021, 9:57pm
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

Yeah he was always a great riff maker. And yeah Mr Bungle is arguably better (braver?) than FNM but I always have a thing for bands that can take experimentation and fit it within the confines of an accessible rock/pop song.
Are you familiar with Tomahawk? They might fit that bill for you.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
07 May 2021, 7:14pm
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Kory wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

Their song with Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. is the best song on the Judgment Night soundtrack.
Definitely checking this out.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Never been a Texas fan but always thought Sharleen Spiteri had a great voice. This has been an earworm on the radio this last couple of weeks. Liberally sampled/borrowed from Donna Summer and The Supremes but a real feelgood song.

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 5:40pm
Never been a Texas fan but always thought Sharleen Spiteri had a great voice. This has been an earworm on the radio this last couple of weeks. Liberally sampled/borrowed from Donna Summer and The Supremes but a real feelgood song.

She has an incredible Motown voice.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:31pm
Heston wrote:

Shit, I forgot how good this song was. Did they have any profile in North America?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Shit, I forgot how good this song was. Did they have any profile in North America?
Not in any mainstream way. I found out about them from some American indie pop fans back in the 90s.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:02pm
Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Not in any mainstream way. I found out about them from some American indie pop fans back in the 90s.
I've got all of their albums. I really like her voice. What they do they do well.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
This right now.
I won a £25 quid amazon for winning Employee of the Month (which is hilarious, considering I hate my job and any job) so I ordered this to join Highway 61 Revisited on vinyl. Just played the first side, sounded fucking fantastic. The Dylan obsession is in full bloom this month. Next stop: Blond on Blonde on LP.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/