What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 2:44pm
cadizcd208Front_1024x1024.jpg

A new release, some tracks from the now very hard to get hold of In Dub collection from a few years ago, some new stuff.
This doesn't even show up on discogs—is it a boot?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:38pm
laxman wrote:

A new release, some tracks from the now very hard to get hold of In Dub collection from a few years ago, some new stuff.
New release from the bands website. Has a few new tracks but a lot from the "In Dub" collection I shared with you way back when.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 5:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:38pm
laxman wrote:

New release from the bands website. Has a few new tracks but a lot from the "In Dub" collection I shared with you way back when.
I was surprisingly meh on that set. Too much diluted the effect, I think.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Fuck, you guys—how good is Magazine?

Observation brought to you by bourbon and sauvignon blanc.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Flex wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 12:49pm
BitterTom wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 12:41pm
This is amazing and haven't heard it in years, had it on 5 times during the drive home. Forgot how good that chorus is, fantastic. Shits all over that dreary cover the radio loves to play.

Love, love, love this song (and album)!
Bumping this post as I had this on earlier and am still amazed by its brilliance, a perfect pop banger.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 6:15pm
Flex wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
This is amazing and haven't heard it in years, had it on 5 times during the drive home. Forgot how good that chorus is, fantastic. Shits all over that dreary cover the radio loves to play.

Bumping this post as I had this on earlier and am still amazed by its brilliance, a perfect pop banger.
It's certainly better than the "other" version. My favourite by her is "With Every Heartbeat", banging track.

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Kory wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 2:47pm
Heston wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 1:33pm
Kory wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 12:42pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 3:53am
Heston wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 8:47pm
I always knew the Coral were good but been hammering their singles collection and it's really really great.

I've got all their albums and looking forward to the new one. Fine band.
I preordered the new one and it came in a couple weeks ago. It's great, of course I always appreciate a double album. I didn't realize there were other fans here.
I'm loving their last single "Lover Undiscovered", I really need to investigate their albums.
My favorites are Invisible Invasion, Roots & Echoes, and Distance Inbetween, but it's mostly great (Magic and Medicine definitely fell into the "difficult second album" doldrums). If you like the Bunnymen, the Butterfly House album is basically a love letter to Ocean Rain. And the first one as you probably know is very influenced by sea chanteys.
Up there with the greats

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

New York Dolls s/t on vinyl is such an upgrade on the wet CD version I was brought up with. All the guts.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 3:23am
New York Dolls s/t on vinyl is such an upgrade on the wet CD version I was brought up with. All the guts.
Great album. I've got a Japanese cd which sounds great. That said I prefer all the sessions and demo versions of those songs. Still lovely to have it on vinyl mate. I sold mine back in the 90s when nappies and baby formula were more important.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm about to start riding, so I'll have an audiobook going, but some workers across the street are cranking the first Van Halen album. They ain't talkin' 'bout love, they're wheelbarrowing dirt, man!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 8:58am
I'm about to start riding, so I'll have an audiobook going, but some workers across the street are cranking the first Van Halen album. They ain't talkin' 'bout love, they're wheelbarrowing dirt, man!
You'll be Ridin With the Devil. Be sure to emote several of these

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/dlr/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's not a bad thing!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 6:15pm
Flex wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

My three year old likes this one as well. She even sings along to the hook.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 9:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You'll be Ridin With the Devil. Be sure to emote several of these

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/dlr/
There is a corniness in DLR that amuses me in ways that it doesn't with KISS. Probably cos I can sense that Roth knows he's a ham whereas Stanley and Simmons take themselves seriously.