What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Kory »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 6:24pm
Eminem, thought I'd branch out from just The Clash, George Formby, Embrace and Shitallica. There's a lot of hit and miss for me but the songs I like, I love. Really into these,

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

Any recommendations, I'm all ears.
I hate him for many many reasons, but primarily because for some reason every person in all of humanity has decided that the word "stan" now replaces the word "fan" at every single opportunity. Fuckin irritating.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

BitterTom wrote:
Eminem, thought I'd branch out from just The Clash, George Formby, Embrace and Shitallica. There's a lot of hit and miss for me but the songs I like, I love. Really into these,

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

Eminem is a bona fide weirdo and I respect him for that. Beyond that I don't know much more of his stuff than you list.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 10:40pm
BitterTom wrote:

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

Eminem is a bona fide weirdo and I respect him for that. Beyond that I don't know much more of his stuff than you list.
Yeah my feeling about him is mostly indifference

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 11:03pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 10:40pm
BitterTom wrote:

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

Yeah my feeling about him is mostly indifference

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I think this might have been posted before but it's so brilliant that it needs to be again

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 6:55pm
I think this might have been posted before but it's so brilliant that it needs to be again
Yeah great fun that one. A real punky reggae party.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

BitterTom wrote:

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

I haven’t listened in a while but I remember loving The Eminem Show in middle school and I still put Without Me and Cleaning Out My Closet on all my running playlists.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone heard of 'em (well, her)? I hadn't until a few days ago but then she registered for my punk class. She didn't mention anything about this being her group, only that she'd been in punk bands for twenty years, so out of curiosity I googled and found out, holy crap, she's released a number of records. Alas, after the first class she emailed to say that she'd just been offered a job that meant she couldn't stay in the class (which sucks because she was good). Anyway, this is really fun pop-punk, with a certain Japanese pop hue to it. Not snotty, but kind of sugar hyperactive.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 2:53pm
Anyone heard of 'em (well, her)? I hadn't until a few days ago but then she registered for my punk class. She didn't mention anything about this being her group, only that she'd been in punk bands for twenty years, so out of curiosity I googled and found out, holy crap, she's released a number of records. Alas, after the first class she emailed to say that she'd just been offered a job that meant she couldn't stay in the class (which sucks because she was good). Anyway, this is really fun pop-punk, with a certain Japanese pop hue to it. Not snotty, but kind of sugar hyperactive.
I just looked them/her up on Spotify. Catchy. Reminds me somewhat of bands like Dressy Bessy.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 2:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a1316886260_10.jpg
I just looked them/her up on Spotify. Catchy. Reminds me somewhat of bands like Dressy Bessy.
I'm hearing a lot of early 80s lo-fi DIY post-punk, like a more energetic Marine Girls or rockish Raincoats.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is code for you creeped her out.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

nice music! too bad you scared her off, doc.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You jerks! :angry: (Actually, she hoped I'd teach it again next year and hopefully schedules could mesh.) But, dang, it would have been really good to have someone who has been actively in punk scenes for twenty years.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 1:47pm
BitterTom wrote:

Sing For The Moment
Business
Guilty Conscience
Without Me
The Real Slim Shady

My mate Holly is currently hyperfixated on Em, so my social circle have caught it by osmosis.

His best album, in my opinion, is Marshall Mathers LP 2.

Killshot (I fucking love the venom on this one)
Til I Collapse
Guilty Conscience
Greatest
The Ringer
When I'm Gone
No Love
Kill You
3am
Beautiful
White America
Rap God
We Made You
Stan (obviously)
Bad Guy (the sequel to Stan)
Seduction
Yellow Brick Road
Cheers mate, listened to these the first time tonight, going to take a bit to get into I reckon but certain ones stood out here, Rap God and Killshot especially. Looking forward to listening to these throughout the week, cheers again.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 3:50pm
You jerks! :angry: (Actually, she hoped I'd teach it again next year and hopefully schedules could mesh.) But, dang, it would have been really good to have someone who has been actively in punk scenes for twenty years.
Hello,

Are you stating there's been a punk scene for twenty years....a poser scene, sure, but a punk scene?