What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Adrian Borland's punk band.
Attachments
outsiders_6cd.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:47pm
What's it like?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
What's it like?
I already the had two albums from way back and I'm already a fan. It's got a more punky aggression than his later stuff but I really like it. All seems to be mastered nicely. A good addition.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:35pm
laxman wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:31pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:20pm
laxman wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:18pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 May 2021, 5:53pm
Low_i_could_live_in_hope.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I hadn't heard them until the latest copy of Uncut. The CD is a collection of Dylan covers. Their version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door is very nice indeed.
It’s more of like sonic wallpaper type music to be honest. Their style is very unique but single faceted. The clientele is another band I find to be of the same sort of ilk
I thought that might possibly be the case. Maybe we should have a thread of bands/artists where you only need to hear one song and you are done with them?
Mensforth Hill. Close the thread my work here is done.
If it's your remaster then OK!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:40pm
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I hadn't heard them until the latest copy of Uncut. The CD is a collection of Dylan covers. Their version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door is very nice indeed.
It’s more of like sonic wallpaper type music to be honest. Their style is very unique but single faceted. The clientele is another band I find to be of the same sort of ilk
I thought that might possibly be the case. Maybe we should have a thread of bands/artists where you only need to hear one song and you are done with them?
How funny, I made a playlist using this concept just recently. I have it organized chronologically by when I first heard each song.
Great minds, hey? I suppose the tricky bit is how do you know you were right about them?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

laxman wrote:
05 May 2021, 3:57pm
Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
laxman wrote:

How funny, I made a playlist using this concept just recently. I have it organized chronologically by when I first heard each song.
Great minds, hey? I suppose the tricky bit is how do you know you were right about them?
In my case the list is generally a lot of established, popular groups, so I'd have been exposed to a lot of their other stuff over the course of time. Usually one song stood out while others didn't live up to it, or the liked song is just a total aberration in the band's catalog.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

Tool is another one.
Requirements for a tool song:

1.Ten minute ambient intro
2.Psuedo intellectual lyrics about cosmic astrology
3.Tribal drumming in some extremely obscure odd time signature
4.Heavy downtuned guitar riff at the end of the song
5.Profit?!?$?!?$$$

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
05 May 2021, 4:08pm
Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:
laxman wrote:

Tool is another one.

5.Profit?!?$?!?$$$
6. Singer becomes more of a douchebag each year

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 4:50pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
05 May 2021, 4:08pm
Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
RockNRollWhore wrote:

Tool is another one.

5.Profit?!?$?!?$$$
6. Singer becomes more of a douchebag each year
I don’t blame him. They’re kind of like prog rock for meatheads and I feel like the band is almost playing them at this point. I doubt Keenan believes half of his own bullshit.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Faith No More is another 90s metal band with a terribly obnoxious lead singer that I happen to absolutely love.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

The Buzzcocks - A Different Compilation. This is similar to the Gang of Four's Return the Gift - re-recording of early tracks. There's definitely a different feel to these tracks than the originals - a bit rougher, their voices have aged, and it sounds a bit more aggressive/live. It's a good listen!

This is my favorite track. A really good club in Albany, NY used to close each night with this song. We used to joke the lyrics were "I'll be leavin' ".

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
06 May 2021, 12:14pm
Hello,

The Buzzcocks - A Different Compilation. This is similar to the Gang of Four's Return the Gift - re-recording of early tracks. There's definitely a different feel to these tracks than the originals - a bit rougher, their voices have aged, and it sounds a bit more aggressive/live. It's a good listen!

This is my favorite track. A really good club in Albany, NY used to close each night with this song. We used to joke the lyrics were "I'll be leavin' ".

I just had to break this one out and give it a listen again, usually listening to Spiral Scratch EP & Singles Going Steady. Really like the guitar on the rework of "Boredom".

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I hope this one sells well enough that they can maybe release one more record.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2021, 9:14am
I hope this one sells well enough that they can maybe release one more record.
Best of luck to this up and coming young band.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
05 May 2021, 7:02pm
Faith No More is another 90s metal band with a terribly obnoxious lead singer that I happen to absolutely love.
I'm also a big fan, but only from Angel Dust forward. I follow a lot of Patton's work outside of that as well.