What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Kimmelweck »

Kory wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 4:27pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 3:58pm
Kory wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 3:21pm
Today I'm listening the interminable sounds of the construction that woke me up an hour early and continues unabated. Some douche hammering something exactly six times, stopping, and repeating forever, mixed with some electric piece of shit that sounds like an amplified whining 6-year-old. This isn't good for mental health.
Reminds me of the mid 90s when I was spending 3 months in Mexico – I got a bad case of Montezuma’s revenge from a tamale I bought from a street vendor and it had me bedridden for 2 weeks. I was lying in bed with the worst headache and nausea I’ve ever experienced, and there was a white Volkswagen beetle parked across the very narrow street from the house we were staying in. Someone triggered the car alarm and the horn would sound exactly 7 times, then a pause. Then repeat. For 6 hours. At one point, completely out of my mind, I was pacing my room with a hammer in hand, contemplating going over and smashing the shit out of that car.
I probably would have done it.
Man, I fucking wanted to. It was such a maddening situation.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kimmelweck wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 6:49am
A cool groove.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kimmelweck wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 6:49am
Now you're speaking MY language.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Doc, was it you posting about the new Blankenberge album? I'm listening now and it's quite quite good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 3:16pm
Doc, was it you posting about the new Blankenberge album? I'm listening now and it's quite quite good.
Yup. While I'm quite partial to the roughness of their first album (the second one never resonated as much with me), they clearly are honing their craft.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

RIP, Robbie. I just heard this stuff for the first time today. It's kind of like Autechre with some reggae/Caribbean flavor. It requires patience but the rhythm helps.

Sly, Robbie, and Vladislav - 500 Push Ups.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Playing this great album. RIP Mensi.
Attachments
51T1jPTTkpL._SY780_.jpg
51T1jPTTkpL._SY780_.jpg (36.01 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I love this whole album (More Tales from the Orbservatory - Lee Perry/The Orb), but this is a highlight.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

New shoegaze band I heard on DKFM, Ghost Patterns. Good stuff if you think that stuff is good.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Secrets of the Third Planet, Lost in Reverie. Another recent DKFM discovery. Russian dreampop/post-rock, more electronic than guitar-rooted, it seems. Very spacey/groovy. So far what I've heard from them has been very good. As usual, Kory seems like the most likely person here who'll be hip to these sounds. Hard not to conclude that Russians just fucking get shoegaze.

edit: Listening to newer stuff of theirs, I'm also hearing Cocteaus, ca. Treasure and Victorialand. And also some Ghost Box artists.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Iggy and the Stooges - Telluric Chaos. This is beautiful chaos. Iggy is very intense and having fun and the band is really strong. If you want to know what an Iggy and the Stooges show was like, I think this is a good choice.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 3:58pm
Secrets of the Third Planet, Lost in Reverie. Another recent DKFM discovery. Russian dreampop/post-rock, more electronic than guitar-rooted, it seems. Very spacey/groovy. So far what I've heard from them has been very good. As usual, Kory seems like the most likely person here who'll be hip to these sounds. Hard not to conclude that Russians just fucking get shoegaze.

edit: Listening to newer stuff of theirs, I'm also hearing Cocteaus, ca. Treasure and Victorialand. And also some Ghost Box artists.
I liked this, I'll have to listen more to digest further. I still think Blankenberge is your best rec of the year though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 3:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 3:58pm

I liked this, I'll have to listen more to digest further. I still think Blankenberge is your best rec of the year though.
Me too. Easily my favourite new band going.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Thanks to Flex (if I recall correctly) for bringing Amyl and the Sniffers to my attention. I have a serious crush on Amy Taylor now.