What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 10:28pm
Hello,

Screaming Blue Messiahs - Gun Shy. It's been a while since I've listened to these guys. Give them a listen - you're overdue.

Brilliance all round.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 4:34am
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Screaming Blue Messiahs - Gun Shy. It's been a while since I've listened to these guys. Give them a listen - you're overdue.

Brilliance all round.
Along with the Stones and the Clash, the greatest rock n' roll band ever. (oh, aye: in my oh so humble opinion). What's up with British dudes doing American music better than so many American peeps? The Messiahs are one of the very few acts who have never gone out of rotation for me since I discovered them in '85. To me, they were perfection.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

While we're on the Screamies-- a Nerdly Awesome crossover.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

muppet hi fi wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 1:12am
Marky Dread wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Brilliance all round.
Along with the Stones and the Clash, the greatest rock n' roll band ever. (oh, aye: in my oh so humble opinion). What's up with British dudes doing American music better than so many American peeps? The Messiahs are one of the very few acts who have never gone out of rotation for me since I discovered them in '85. To me, they were perfection.
The British may do American music better, but I bet we can do Morris Dancing better.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Kory wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:26pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Brilliance all round.
The British may do American music better, but I bet we can do Morris Dancing better.
Hello,

Here's proof - Morris dancing:

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Kory wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Brilliance all round.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I know I can anyway!

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

IkarisOne wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:00pm

The 'Totally Religious' album had a bad, almost metal-ish mix but is still an almighty beast.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

gkbill wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:41pm
Kory wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Brilliance all round.
Hello,

Here's proof - Morris dancing:

:lol:
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder will be pleased to know I’m on a Nilsson kick after watching Russian Doll
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

muppet hi fi wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 1:15pm
IkarisOne wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:00pm

The 'Totally Religious' album had a bad, almost metal-ish mix but is still an almighty beast.
Yes, it does sound a bit too Britney Fox. Almost certainly the record company's idea.

I know it's supposed to be OK (or at least ironic) to not hate 80s metal but I still do. Sure I love early Motley Crue (who were a Sweet cover band in practice if not theory) and a few crossover bands but time has not made those albums seem nostalgic to me. I hate them more than ever and I hate what that shit did to the genre and to the culture.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IkarisOne wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 12:53pm
I know it's supposed to be OK (or at least ironic) to not hate 80s metal but I still do. Sure I love early Motley Crue (who were a Sweet cover band in practice if not theory) and a few crossover bands but time has not made those albums seem nostalgic to me. I hate them more than ever and I hate what that shit did to the genre and to the culture.
Agreed. I didn't like it much the first time around, and the crass sexism, racism, and materialism is only more glaring now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 1:59pm
IkarisOne wrote:
Agreed. I didn't like it much the first time around, and the crass sexism, racism, and materialism is only more glaring now.
Yeah but KISS unmasked. :twitch:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 2:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
KISS disemboweled or GTFO.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 2:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
KISS disemboweled or GTFO.
Anything permanent would suffice.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Yeah, KISS seemed to be the prototype, but even worse. Tuneless, hookless, grooveless. All that effort and money for so little of any lasting value. KISS at least had a few catchy singles.