What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 3:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 3:20pm
Wolter wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 3:19pm
I like this new beating up Kory policy.
Mandatory?
That might make it feel like a burden. It should be a joy to beat up Kory.
Yes of course. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

This is going to be a scene of Jackie Chan proportions. I can't wait to wipe the deck with all of you.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 3:55pm
This is going to be a scene of Jackie Chan proportions. I can't wait to wipe the deck with all of you.
"Mrs. Kory, your husband is suffering from hestonis polliatis, what the layperson knows as delusional overconfidence."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:17pm
Kory wrote:
"Mrs. Kory, your husband is suffering from hestonis polliatis, what the layperson knows as delusional overconfidence."
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
The only wiping you'll be doing is the tears from you eyes. You're more like Charlie Chan. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 2:28pm
Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 1:24pm
LIke JJ Burnel, I'm a black belt. You can't harm me.
You liar you mean you own a black belt that holds your jeans up on your skinny body. ;)
In seriousness—I haven't practiced in years, but I do actually have a black belt in Hapkido. My parents got me started in martial arts because I was being bullied. Not unlike this situation.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
You liar you mean you own a black belt that holds your jeans up on your skinny body. ;)
In seriousness—I haven't practiced in years, but I do actually have a black belt in Hapkido. My parents got me started in martial arts because I was being bullied. Not unlike this situation.
I'm impressed not scared though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:41pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
That's because there's an ocean between us.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Did it dissuade the bully? I've wondered whether that stuff works just by reputation.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:51pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Did it dissuade the bully? I've wondered whether that stuff works just by reputation.
Not directly—he never knew I was taking the classes. What it really does is instill confidence and discipline, which was instrumental in making me the kind of person that doesn't get bullied in the first place rather than the feckless, timid nerd I was before. I've only had to actually use it twice a few years after beginning, and that certainly dissuaded further bullying as well. But that was a physical demonstration rather than a reputation.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 5:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Not directly—he never knew I was taking the classes. What it really does is instill confidence and discipline, which was instrumental in making me the kind of person that doesn't get bullied in the first place rather than the feckless, timid nerd I was before. I've only had to actually use it twice a few years after beginning, and that certainly dissuaded further bullying as well. But that was a physical demonstration rather than a reputation.
Cool, and glad that it was effective. I have a grand-nephew who seems a good candidate for being bullied, so if it does happen, it's something I'll suggest to his parents.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 5:09pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Cool, and glad that it was effective. I have a grand-nephew who seems a good candidate for being bullied, so if it does happen, it's something I'll suggest to his parents.
Yeah for sure. If they decide to go that route, I highly recommend a martial art that is practical (hapkido) rather than one that is more showy (karate, tae kwon do). The practical ones have a lot more to do with winning an actual fight rather than in a tournament, because they (hapkido especially) recognize that an actual brawl rarely affords opportunities for high kicks, and is a lot more likely to require a joint lock or getting the assailant to submit after the fight has wound up on the ground.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 4:41pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
That's because there's an ocean between us.
Yes I did think that fortunate for you. ;) I wouldn't hurt you anyway as I need you for your taste in reggae. Reggae has saved you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Yeah for sure. If they decide to go that route, I highly recommend a martial art that is practical (hapkido) rather than one that is more showy (karate, tae kwon do). The practical ones have a lot more to do with winning an actual fight rather than in a tournament, because they (hapkido especially) recognize that an actual brawl rarely affords opportunities for high kicks, and is a lot more likely to require a joint lock or getting the assailant to submit after the fight has wound up on the ground.
Kory the Big Daddy of IMCT!!!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 5:32pm
Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Kory the Big Daddy of IMCT!!!
I'll take it.