What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

James Chance - Incorrigible.

I had not heard this nor heard of it until today. Not everyone cares for James Chance I wanted to put up a video for Dislocated as that's pretty conventional - but youtube doesn't have it! I tried to attach the file but the message I get says the file is too large. So, here's a different video from the album - title track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kks80f5-AhM

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 8:34pm
Hello,

I had not heard this nor heard of it until today. Not everyone cares for James Chance I wanted to put up a video for Dislocated as that's pretty conventional - but youtube doesn't have it! I tried to attach the file but the message I get says the file is too large. So, here's a different video from the album - title track.

His Off White is another for the pile of 1979’s greatness. Definitely not to everyone’s taste, but it’s savage, fantastic stuff.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 9:11pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

His Off White is another for the pile of 1979’s greatness. Definitely not to everyone’s taste, but it’s savage, fantastic stuff.
Hello,

I'm more BUY than Off White - but both worth your (and my) time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 12:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 9:11pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

I'm more BUY than Off White - but both worth your (and my) time.
Both are super cool stuff, definitely.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

A collection of tuneful melodies right in Heston's wheelhouse. :shifty:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 11:05am
Hello,

I'll be humming that all day!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 1:25pm
revbob wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 11:05am
Hello,

I'll be humming that all day!
Catchy as all fuck

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Today I'm listening the interminable sounds of the construction that woke me up an hour early and continues unabated. Some douche hammering something exactly six times, stopping, and repeating forever, mixed with some electric piece of shit that sounds like an amplified whining 6-year-old. This isn't good for mental health.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 3:21pm
Today I'm listening the interminable sounds of the construction that woke me up an hour early and continues unabated. Some douche hammering something exactly six times, stopping, and repeating forever, mixed with some electric piece of shit that sounds like an amplified whining 6-year-old. This isn't good for mental health.
Doublecheck to make sure it's not Skrillex.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Kory wrote:
Reminds me of the mid 90s when I was spending 3 months in Mexico – I got a bad case of Montezuma’s revenge from a tamale I bought from a street vendor and it had me bedridden for 2 weeks. I was lying in bed with the worst headache and nausea I’ve ever experienced, and there was a white Volkswagen beetle parked across the very narrow street from the house we were staying in. Someone triggered the car alarm and the horn would sound exactly 7 times, then a pause. Then repeat. For 6 hours. At one point, completely out of my mind, I was pacing my room with a hammer in hand, contemplating going over and smashing the shit out of that car.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 3:52pm
Kory wrote:
I was gonna say SWANS. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 4:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I was gonna say SWANS. :shifty:
:sad:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Listening to this. Sounding good. Currently on the Recall:5.
Attachments
David-Bowie-Brilliant-Adventure.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kimmelweck wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 3:58pm
Kory wrote:
Reminds me of the mid 90s when I was spending 3 months in Mexico – I got a bad case of Montezuma’s revenge from a tamale I bought from a street vendor and it had me bedridden for 2 weeks. I was lying in bed with the worst headache and nausea I’ve ever experienced, and there was a white Volkswagen beetle parked across the very narrow street from the house we were staying in. Someone triggered the car alarm and the horn would sound exactly 7 times, then a pause. Then repeat. For 6 hours. At one point, completely out of my mind, I was pacing my room with a hammer in hand, contemplating going over and smashing the shit out of that car.
I probably would have done it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I actually like traditional dubstep, it's a shame that guy ruined it for everyone.