What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
IkarisOne
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2998
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:09pm

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by IkarisOne » 09 Nov 2019, 1:07pm

This album is ruling my week. Cheers to the good Doctor for the heads up.


BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3065
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by BitterTom » 09 Nov 2019, 5:13pm

Tourist by Athlete. An album I haven't heard for years. Very listenable, solid record. This one, Wires, Chances and Half Light are phenomenal.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191109-211116_Deezer.jpg

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3158
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by WestwayKid » 11 Nov 2019, 11:49am

Cardinology.jpg
Cardinology.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 368 times
11 years ago today I experienced one of those forever life altering moments (and not in a good way). Buying this album was one of the last things I remember doing before that happened and so I forever connect it with that experience.

Good thing it's a good album and maybe his last great album. He did his best work with the Cardinals (in my opinion). I had not been listening to him since early this year when the NYT published their article about him, but I think it's time to dust his discography back off.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43593
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Nov 2019, 12:38pm

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Cardinology.jpg

11 years ago today I experienced one of those forever life altering moments (and not in a good way). Buying this album was one of the last things I remember doing before that happened and so I forever connect it with that experience.

Good thing it's a good album and maybe his last great album. He did his best work with the Cardinals (in my opinion). I had not been listening to him since early this year when the NYT published their article about him, but I think it's time to dust his discography back off.
I liked his Gold album but haven't played it since release.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3158
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by WestwayKid » 11 Nov 2019, 12:51pm

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 12:38pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Cardinology.jpg

11 years ago today I experienced one of those forever life altering moments (and not in a good way). Buying this album was one of the last things I remember doing before that happened and so I forever connect it with that experience.

Good thing it's a good album and maybe his last great album. He did his best work with the Cardinals (in my opinion). I had not been listening to him since early this year when the NYT published their article about him, but I think it's time to dust his discography back off.
I liked his Gold album but haven't played it since release.
I recommend Cold Roses. It's great from start to finish. It's got a really warm, analog sound - almost like you're listening to it on vinyl.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43593
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Nov 2019, 1:19pm

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 12:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 12:38pm
WestwayKid wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Cardinology.jpg

11 years ago today I experienced one of those forever life altering moments (and not in a good way). Buying this album was one of the last things I remember doing before that happened and so I forever connect it with that experience.

Good thing it's a good album and maybe his last great album. He did his best work with the Cardinals (in my opinion). I had not been listening to him since early this year when the NYT published their article about him, but I think it's time to dust his discography back off.
I liked his Gold album but haven't played it since release.
I recommend Cold Roses. It's great from start to finish. It's got a really warm, analog sound - almost like you're listening to it on vinyl.
Will check it out.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Nov 2019, 10:18am

Image
Fitted, First Fits. Graham and Matt from Wire and Mike Watt and one other guy. Noisy, funky, Krautrock. I'm fairly confident that the new Wire won't be this good. Also worth checking out is UUUU, Graham and Matt and others from the last couple years, which is also better than the last Wire record.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2019, 1:33pm

Image
Greet Death, Dixieland. Heavy slowcore, lots of fuzz. Music that's bulletproof against joy.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3065
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by BitterTom » 20 Nov 2019, 2:38pm

Hell of a good song. One of my favourites.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191120-183757_Deezer.jpg

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9780
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by revbob » 20 Nov 2019, 5:03pm

Image

To be followed by

Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43593
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Nov 2019, 7:25pm

BitterTom wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 2:38pm
Hell of a good song. One of my favourites.
My waekness is none of your business.
Image

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3065
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by BitterTom » 21 Nov 2019, 2:06am

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 7:25pm
BitterTom wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 2:38pm
Hell of a good song. One of my favourites.
My waekness is none of your business.
You don't understand the gravity of the situation.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43593
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread » 21 Nov 2019, 7:09am

BitterTom wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 2:06am
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 7:25pm
BitterTom wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 2:38pm
Hell of a good song. One of my favourites.
My waekness is none of your business.
You don't understand the gravity of the situation.
It's just the fireworks in me.
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5001
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by muppet hi fi » 22 Nov 2019, 6:21pm

Tom Waits - 'Alice' (2002)
The Great Sadness of Life elucidated in 3-D technicolor from another time, another place.
Image
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5001
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by muppet hi fi » 22 Nov 2019, 7:04pm

The Pogues - 'Hell's Ditch' (1991; 2006 remaster w/bonus tracks)
Image
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 10 guests