What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Heston »

Did you miss this first time around Marky? It was buried in the Just Play Music forum.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:31pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:05pm
It's been just over a year since I got into B.A.D. Now, Medicine Show would be in my all time top 10 songs. As for this album, it's yet to tire me and speaking from enjoyment levels, it's one of my very favourites.
Such a frustrating album. I really think it had the potential to be one of Mick's finest hours but production issues strike yet again. Along with Cut the Crap an album I would love to hear a proper mix of. When you hear the live versions of Esquerita and All Saints Road from Wired you can get an idea of how the album could have sounded with more bollocks. Worth posting this again, it is fantastic...

Top fucking banana! I love it.

John do you have "All Saints Rd" in this quality also?
Yes but I compared it to the footage already on YouTube and there was no real difference.
Shame as that breaks up. Ahh wait I see there are two clips and I have the old version. :cool:
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:56pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:31pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:05pm
It's been just over a year since I got into B.A.D. Now, Medicine Show would be in my all time top 10 songs. As for this album, it's yet to tire me and speaking from enjoyment levels, it's one of my very favourites.
Such a frustrating album. I really think it had the potential to be one of Mick's finest hours but production issues strike yet again. Along with Cut the Crap an album I would love to hear a proper mix of. When you hear the live versions of Esquerita and All Saints Road from Wired you can get an idea of how the album could have sounded with more bollocks. Worth posting this again, it is fantastic...

Top fucking banana! I love it.

John do you have "All Saints Rd" in this quality also?
Yes but I compared it to the footage already on YouTube and there was no real difference.
Shame as that breaks up.
Actually I think I'll dig it out and upload it as the one up there is a bit crackly, you're right.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21538
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Bought this bundle of goodies back in February and then lockdown happened.
Never thought they’d see the light of the day then they arrived this morning 😊
Attachments
BA9950CE-8D55-4F36-A5A6-E730C4EDC9CF.jpeg

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:52pm
Did you miss this first time around Marky? It was buried in the Just Play Music forum.
I'm so busy remastering the entire world I often miss stuff here.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:35pm
Bought this bundle of goodies back in February and then lockdown happened.
Never thought they’d see the light of the day then they arrived this morning 😊
So "This Is Two Tone" album, "Sweetest Girl" 12", "Tomorrow's Just Another Day" 7" and "The Madness" album. Nice.
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15820
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:30pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:05pm
It's been just over a year since I got into B.A.D. Now, Medicine Show would be in my all time top 10 songs. As for this album, it's yet to tire me and speaking from enjoyment levels, it's one of my very favourites.
Such a frustrating album. I really think it had the potential to be one of Mick's finest hours but production issues strike yet again. Along with Cut the Crap an album I would love to hear a proper mix of. When you hear the live versions of Esquerita and All Saints Road from Wired you can get an idea of how the album could have sounded with more bollocks. Worth posting this again, it is fantastic...

I liked this despite it not being one of my favourites on the album. What could have been eh? Everything else was there, fucking spot on. Just that production severely let it down. Why Mick mixed his guitar so low will be a mystery.
Mr Walker Said is the biggest crime. You've got this great catchy pop number and it's mixed as if they randomly just pushed the faders up. I prefer this...

You and bazarboys version of Tighten Up Vol 88 is my song of 2020 so far.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:59am
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:30pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:05pm
It's been just over a year since I got into B.A.D. Now, Medicine Show would be in my all time top 10 songs. As for this album, it's yet to tire me and speaking from enjoyment levels, it's one of my very favourites.
Such a frustrating album. I really think it had the potential to be one of Mick's finest hours but production issues strike yet again. Along with Cut the Crap an album I would love to hear a proper mix of. When you hear the live versions of Esquerita and All Saints Road from Wired you can get an idea of how the album could have sounded with more bollocks. Worth posting this again, it is fantastic...

I liked this despite it not being one of my favourites on the album. What could have been eh? Everything else was there, fucking spot on. Just that production severely let it down. Why Mick mixed his guitar so low will be a mystery.
Mr Walker Said is the biggest crime. You've got this great catchy pop number and it's mixed as if they randomly just pushed the faders up. I prefer this...

You and bazarboys version of Tighten Up Vol 88 is my song of 2020 so far.
Well thank you mate. It was my favourite of the four we did.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 8:50am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:59am
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:30pm
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:24pm


Such a frustrating album. I really think it had the potential to be one of Mick's finest hours but production issues strike yet again. Along with Cut the Crap an album I would love to hear a proper mix of. When you hear the live versions of Esquerita and All Saints Road from Wired you can get an idea of how the album could have sounded with more bollocks. Worth posting this again, it is fantastic...

I liked this despite it not being one of my favourites on the album. What could have been eh? Everything else was there, fucking spot on. Just that production severely let it down. Why Mick mixed his guitar so low will be a mystery.
Mr Walker Said is the biggest crime. You've got this great catchy pop number and it's mixed as if they randomly just pushed the faders up. I prefer this...

You and bazarboys version of Tighten Up Vol 88 is my song of 2020 so far.
Well thank you mate. It was my favourite of the four we did.
See how I miss things because I'm always busy. I've not heard your version of Tighten Up vol 88.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Heston »

Spoiler
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 10:07am
Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 8:50am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:59am
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:30pm


I liked this despite it not being one of my favourites on the album. What could have been eh? Everything else was there, fucking spot on. Just that production severely let it down. Why Mick mixed his guitar so low will be a mystery.
Mr Walker Said is the biggest crime. You've got this great catchy pop number and it's mixed as if they randomly just pushed the faders up. I prefer this...

You and bazarboys version of Tighten Up Vol 88 is my song of 2020 so far.
Well thank you mate. It was my favourite of the four we did.
See how I miss things because I'm always busy. I've not heard your version of Tighten Up vol 88.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 10:31am
Spoiler
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 10:07am
Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 8:50am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 7:59am
Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 5:44pm


Mr Walker Said is the biggest crime. You've got this great catchy pop number and it's mixed as if they randomly just pushed the faders up. I prefer this...

You and bazarboys version of Tighten Up Vol 88 is my song of 2020 so far.
Well thank you mate. It was my favourite of the four we did.
See how I miss things because I'm always busy. I've not heard your version of Tighten Up vol 88.
Very nice indeed. Shows what the original could've been with just a standard rock n roll mix. It's a great tune and you and Seb have done it real justice.

Just need the stems now. Oh and Sambadrome. ;)
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21538
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:28am
101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:35pm
Bought this bundle of goodies back in February and then lockdown happened.
Never thought they’d see the light of the day then they arrived this morning 😊
So "This Is Two Tone" album, "Sweetest Girl" 12", "Tomorrow's Just Another Day" 7" and "The Madness" album. Nice.
Yep, finishing off my 2 Tone album collection ( I never bought all the comps for obvious reasons).
The Madness I only ever owned on cassette and this guy that sold me all these had one for a bargain price (compared to Ebay 😉).
Sweetest Girl 12” and TJAD 7” filling in gaps on Madness collection (have nearly all on 7” 12” and picture disc.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

Thanks to my good pal Revbob I'm listening to this awesome album.
Attachments
Ruby_Velle_-the_Soulphonics_Its_About_Time_2012.jpg
Ruby_Velle_-the_Soulphonics_Its_About_Time_2012.jpg (27.88 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12686
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 11:19am
Thanks to my good pal Revbob I'm listening to this awesome album.
Cool, glad you're enjoying it.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 11:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 11:19am
Thanks to my good pal Revbob I'm listening to this awesome album.
Cool, glad you're enjoying it.
Very cool mate.
Image

Post Reply