NIGHT OF TREASON new album 'GENTELEMEN & HOOLIGANS'

General music discussion.
STEVE
Dirty Punk

NIGHT OF TREASON new album 'GENTELEMEN & HOOLIGANS'

Post by STEVE »

Hello everyone it's been a while since i posted around here so just begging your indulgence for a bit ..Night of Treason veterans of the first two Strummercamps/Glastonbury etc...have at last gotten aroung to putting out ther debut album of 13 original tunes which we are hoping is right up a lot of Satches members streets.. ..the London launch party is at the 12 Bar Club Denmark St on Wednesday 21st March early show at 7.15pm sharp ..it's a free entry show so if your in the area pop along copies will be on sale at the launch .....
Here's the first review we have seen......a good start...hopefully the first of many ....
http://dereksmusicblog.wordpress.com/20 ... hooligans/

Available from Amazon £7 +P&P delivery worlwide.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gentlemen-Hooli ... 759&sr=1-1

we also have a facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/TREASONBAND
From the album...
[youtube][/youtube]

And a new version of a tune previousy avialable on our debut EP..

[youtube][/youtube]

THANKS!!

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Re: NIGHT OF TREASON new album 'GENTELEMEN & HOOLIGANS'

Post by STEVE »

Hi just to bump this up...be interesting to hear what anyone thinks of the tunes....as you guys have such good ears... :smile:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

STEVE wrote:Hi just to bump this up...be interesting to hear what anyone thinks of the tunes....as you guys have such good ears... :smile:
Not until you finally tell us who the first song is about. I've been waiting about a year now. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Ah Heston yes ...well it's about George Walker the drummer with Whirlwind ..the guy who filled in for Topper in Bologna when he was ahem..delayed..he now plays for the Dirty Strangers ...and can be found in Ladbroke Grove on a sunny day......and is actually a top chap...

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Closure!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

sorry that completely slipped my mind...shows how long this has taken to come to fruition.......also produced by Smiley original Mescaleros drummer...and recorded on an anologue desk once owned by Rolling Stone Bill Wyman no less...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I can only hear through shitty laptop speakers at the moment, but I like that guitar riff on the second track.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Harmonica on that track by Mike Peters from The Alarm and lately Big Country....

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Just a wee bump for anyone that missed it.... :smile:

lom66
Corner Soul

Post by lom66 »

Got the cd a few days ago, brilliant stuff Steve!

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Glad it arrived Lars and even "gladder" you like it ..it's selling very well actually...but anyone thinking of geting a copy we would welcome a few more orders ..Cheers!!

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

STEVE wrote:Ah Heston yes ...well it's about George Walker the drummer with Whirlwind ..the guy who filled in for Topper in Bologna when he was ahem..delayed..he now plays for the Dirty Strangers ...and can be found in Ladbroke Grove on a sunny day......and is actually a top chap...
You mean George Butler, Steve? That's the Dirty Strangers drummer I know of... and have met a few times.... certainly fits the 'Teddy Boy from Ladbroke Grove' description. I never knew he sat in with the Clash!! The things you learn here (1)!!
One time he was carrying a copy of a book about John Sinclair and later I sorted him out with a CDR of the 'Free John Sinclair Rally' benefit gig in the 70s. And from googling Night of Treason I find that they've recorded with John Sinclair!! the things you learn here (2)!!
More coincidences: George Butler is also interviewed and quoted in the article on Alex Harvey in the recent Record Collector magazine with the Clash on the cover (the 'Give em Enough Rope' issue). I think I need a lie down....

PS George also drums for Billy Oblivion & the Lost DNA Cowboys, a sort of ad hoc group that plays now and again round Ladbroke Grove. Their lead guitarist is Brady, of Hollywood Brats fame, I think he was part of the London SS 'universe of punk legends' too - top blokes all.

PPS I like the Night of Treason tracks Steve, and also the videos - very effective and nicely done
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Thats the chap John..Walker?? don't know where that came from of course it's Butler...he frequents the Lonsdale on Ladbroke Grove too...Without trying to give you the hard sell I think as you have proven to have excellent musical taste (and i believe we share a birthday) this would be right up your street....we have set up a paypal link too..as Amazon take a big slice of our pie.... https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... b71ef37df3 would love to hear your opinion if you do get a copy.....

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

ooo Steve you smooth-talkin' bastard! Put me down for a copy of the CD... BUT that paypal link isn't working - can you check it and re-post it if it's wrong please?

And yeah, I've seen George a few times in the Lonsdale... he told me once he came down to London in the mid 60s and 'shared a flat with Keith Richards for a while' (!) Also he played on sessions for some of the early acts on the fledgling Stiff Records - and had some say in their early ad campaigns, I think he says he dreamt up the 'If It Ain't Stiff it ain't worth a....' slogan
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres