Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

General music discussion.
laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1941
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by laxman » 14 Mar 2019, 6:00pm

Good to see a few Slits selections. Man Next Door is one of my faves.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30440
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Heston » 14 Mar 2019, 6:35pm

Roots, Radicals, Rockers and Reggae - Stiff Little Fingers (The original was great and SLF brought shitloads to the party. It also rocks like fuck)
Life Won't Wait - Rancid
Justice Tonight/Kick It Over - The Clash (The best the Clash ever got at Reggae, can't leave it out)
A Party (Dub) - Big Audio Dynamite (Has to be the original 12" b-side of Medicine Show, the TIBAD Legacy Edition edited it down)
Gangsters (Peel Session) - The Specials
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 18428
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton » 14 Mar 2019, 6:40pm

laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 5:59pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:52pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:13pm
Time to upload Snoh's compilation (SF 500 from memory)?
I thought it was the 1600
You are correct. I didn't say I had a good memory!
Yes, SF 500 is a collection of Joe Strummer tracks Snoh put together in his memory.

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1941
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by laxman » 14 Mar 2019, 6:59pm

101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:40pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 5:59pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:52pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:13pm
Time to upload Snoh's compilation (SF 500 from memory)?
I thought it was the 1600
You are correct. I didn't say I had a good memory!
Yes, SF 500 is a collection of Joe Strummer tracks Snoh put together in his memory.
I have copies of all the collections, all excellent. Anyone hear from Snoh at all these days? Top bloke.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41820
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Mar 2019, 7:02pm

Heston wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:35pm
Roots, Radicals, Rockers and Reggae - Stiff Little Fingers (The original was great and SLF brought shitloads to the party. It also rocks like fuck)
Life Won't Wait - Rancid
Justice Tonight/Kick It Over - The Clash (The best the Clash ever got at Reggae, can't leave it out)
A Party (Dub) - Big Audio Dynamite (Has to be the original 12" b-side of Medicine Show, the TIBAD Legacy Edition edited it down)
Gangsters (Peel Session) - The Specials
They sure did rock it up.

..agreed about The Clash one.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41820
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Mar 2019, 7:03pm

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 4:36pm
Good call Marky
Thanks mate.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 18428
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton » 14 Mar 2019, 7:07pm

laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:59pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:40pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 5:59pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:52pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:13pm
Time to upload Snoh's compilation (SF 500 from memory)?
I thought it was the 1600
You are correct. I didn't say I had a good memory!
Yes, SF 500 is a collection of Joe Strummer tracks Snoh put together in his memory.
I have copies of all the collections, all excellent. Anyone hear from Snoh at all these days? Top bloke.
Haven't heard from him for years. I'm actually wearing one his Joe Strummer T shirts as I type!!
Do you remember the giveaways he used to do at Christmas? Santa Snoh.

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1941
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by laxman » 14 Mar 2019, 7:40pm

101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 7:07pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:59pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:40pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 5:59pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 2:52pm


I thought it was the 1600
You are correct. I didn't say I had a good memory!
Yes, SF 500 is a collection of Joe Strummer tracks Snoh put together in his memory.
I have copies of all the collections, all excellent. Anyone hear from Snoh at all these days? Top bloke.
Haven't heard from him for years. I'm actually wearing one his Joe Strummer T shirts as I type!!
Do you remember the giveaways he used to do at Christmas? Santa Snoh.
I had forgotten about those, but that might have been because I never requested anything. I do remember getting a Strummer Christmas Card from him. His Bonds box set was fantastic too.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 18428
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton » 14 Mar 2019, 7:51pm

laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 7:40pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 7:07pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:59pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 6:40pm
laxman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 5:59pm


You are correct. I didn't say I had a good memory!
Yes, SF 500 is a collection of Joe Strummer tracks Snoh put together in his memory.
I have copies of all the collections, all excellent. Anyone hear from Snoh at all these days? Top bloke.
Haven't heard from him for years. I'm actually wearing one his Joe Strummer T shirts as I type!!
Do you remember the giveaways he used to do at Christmas? Santa Snoh.
I had forgotten about those, but that might have been because I never requested anything. I do remember getting a Strummer Christmas Card from him. His Bonds box set was fantastic too.
Yes that Bonds boxset was brilliant I was I got one ow.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28020
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Flex » 14 Mar 2019, 8:02pm

A Top 5 too good to go to my usual bag of tricks. These are simply the best:

1. The Clash - Bankrobber/Robber Dub (Black Market Clash Edit)
2. Bad Brains - Youth Are Getting Restless (so many good Bad Brains tracks to choose from)
3. Liquid Liquid - Cavern
4. Jimmy Cliff - Ruby Soho
5. NOFX - Eat the Meek Dub
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28020
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Flex » 14 Mar 2019, 8:05pm

i shoulda just done 5 sublime songs :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 41820
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Mar 2019, 10:05am

Flex wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:05pm
i shoulda just done 5 sublime songs :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
And get banned. One song per artist.
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52268
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Wolter » 15 Mar 2019, 10:30am

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 10:05am
Flex wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:05pm
i shoulda just done 5 sublime songs :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
And get banned. One song per artist.
5 Sublime songs should be a bannable offense in its own, but I guess they had to nail Capone on tax evasion.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8649
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by revbob » 15 Mar 2019, 10:37am

Wolter wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 10:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 10:05am
Flex wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:05pm
i shoulda just done 5 sublime songs :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
And get banned. One song per artist.
A single Sublime song should be a bannable offense in its own, but I guess they had to nail Capone on tax evasion.
Corrected for optimal accuracy.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82430
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Mar 2019, 10:55am

What are we dithering for then? Let's draw up the paperwork to have Flex deported to, like, a Don Henley board.
And that's when Lincoln said, "Don't diss my homies.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heston and 8 guests