Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

General music discussion.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Heston »

Paper
Mind
I Zimbra
Cities
Air

No room for Life During Wartime despite it being my favourite TH song in its Stop Making Sense arrangement. I just think it sounds a bit flat on this record, maybe that's because I heard the SMS version first. Superb album.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46146
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

Top 5 tracks from "Searching for the Young Soul Rebels" - Dexys Midnight Runners

1. Geno
2. Burn It Down
3. Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
4. There, There, My Dear
5. The Teams That Meet in Caffs


I'm sure 101 is chuffed to know one of his favourite albums was recorded in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. ;)
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34818
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by tepista »

there's was a great Dexys joke on What We do in the Shadows a few weeks ago
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12548
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 3:32pm
there's was a great Dexys joke on What We do in the Shadows a few weeks ago
Yes, great episode.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21481
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 8:55am
Top 5 tracks from "Searching for the Young Soul Rebels" - Dexys Midnight Runners

1. Geno
2. Burn It Down
3. Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
4. There, There, My Dear
5. The Teams That Meet in Caffs


I'm sure 101 is chuffed to know one of his favourite albums was recorded in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. ;)
Haha and yes I did know that.
Could do this off the top off my head but good excuse for me to have a listen this morning.
I will be interested to read Laxman’s list as he is the Dexy’s expert on the board.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21481
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton »

Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46146
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 3:23am
Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long
I love "Seven Days" but decided to stick to original material.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21481
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 4:05am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 3:23am
Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long
I love "Seven Days" but decided to stick to original material.
Yeah but it is great so left it in 👍

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46146
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 4:05am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 3:23am
Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long
I love "Seven Days" but decided to stick to original material.
Yeah but it is great so left it in 👍
Yeah but then the original is a classic anyway. But Dexys are great.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21481
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:03am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 4:05am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 3:23am
Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long
I love "Seven Days" but decided to stick to original material.
Yeah but it is great so left it in 👍
Yeah but then the original is a classic anyway. But Dexys are great.
If staying original would go Tell Me When The Lights Turn Green.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46146
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:03am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 5:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 4:05am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 3:23am
Geno
There, There My Dear
Burn It Down
Thankfully Not Living In Yorkshire It Doesn’t Apply
Seven Days Too Long
I love "Seven Days" but decided to stick to original material.
Yeah but it is great so left it in 👍
Yeah but then the original is a classic anyway. But Dexys are great.
If staying original would go Tell Me When The Lights Turn Green.
😎
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46146
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread »

Eet week special. Top 5 Clash tracks from the Cut the Crap era. Demos/album/B-sides/Live. No Clash songs from the Mick era.

1. Czechoslovak Song / Where Is England ('83 Demo)
2. Three Card Trick (Album)
3. Are You Ready For War? (Live March '84)
4. Jericho (Ammunition) ('83 Demo)
5. (In the) Pouring Rain (Live May '84)
Image

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4180
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by BitterTom »

Three Card Trick
This Is England
North & South
Movers & Shakers
Do It Now

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Heston »

This Is England
Are You Red...y
Three Card Trick
North and South
Movers and Shakers
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12548
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by revbob »

I cant really comment on any of these. This is England sounds decent enough.

Post Reply