Page 1316 of 1318

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 8:32am
by Dr. Medulla
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:32am
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 3:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 10:19am
[sorry, Olaf, I got there first]
Dang. Can't believe you got that The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die song first too :angry:
Good band, unfathomably awful name.
Just gave them a listen, not bad. I'd like to hear their version of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya."

When I am emperor, all bands will be required to submit their interpretation of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya" before gaining permission to perform.

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 8:52am
by Olaf
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:32am
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:32am
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 3:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 10:19am
[sorry, Olaf, I got there first]
Dang. Can't believe you got that The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die song first too :angry:
Good band, unfathomably awful name.
Just gave them a listen, not bad. I'd like to hear their version of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya."

When I am emperor, all bands will be required to submit their interpretation of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya" before gaining permission to perform.
Who could ask for more in an emperor, really?

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 9:57am
by Dr. Medulla
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:32am
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 6:32am
Olaf wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 3:44am


Dang. Can't believe you got that The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die song first too :angry:
Good band, unfathomably awful name.
Just gave them a listen, not bad. I'd like to hear their version of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya."

When I am emperor, all bands will be required to submit their interpretation of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya" before gaining permission to perform.
Who could ask for more in an emperor, really?
You will last longer than most before I tire of you, I think.

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 10:53am
by Flex
1. Bob Dylan - Queen Jane Approximately
2. The Exploited - God Save The Queen :cool: :cool: :cool:
3. The Misfits - Queen Wasp
4. Redbone - Witch Queen of New Orleans
5. Mr. Symarip - My Caravan Queen

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 12:28pm
by Marky Dread
Flex wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 10:53am
1. Bob Dylan - Queen Jane Approximately
2. The Exploited - God Save The Queen :cool: :cool: :cool:
3. The Misfits - Queen Wasp
4. Redbone - Witch Queen of New Orleans
5. Mr. Symarip - My Caravan Queen
I'll never forget being at a punk all-dayer in London. Lots of great bands on the bill. The U.K. Subs played a storming set finishing with "Warhead" then they were off to gig in Europe. Next band up The Exploited first song played a cover of "Warhead" and it was fucking terrible.

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 2:04pm
by Flex
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:28pm
I'll never forget being at a punk all-dayer in London. Lots of great bands on the bill. The U.K. Subs played a storming set finishing with "Warhead" then they were off to gig in Europe. Next band up The Exploited first song played a cover of "Warhead" and it was fucking terrible.
THE LEGEND LIVES ON

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 8:14pm
by weller259
Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Heart - Little Queen
Eek-A-Mouse - Modelling Queen
Nick Lowe - Queen Of Sheeba
Julie Brown - The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 11:21pm
by Flex
weller259 wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 8:14pm
Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Heart - Little Queen
GREAT songs. Almost picked these.

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 1:05pm
by Marky Dread
Top 5 songs with "Church" in the title.

1. Jerry's Electric Church - The Screaming Blue Messiahs
2. The Church of the Holy Spook - Shane MacGowan and The Popes
3. Mr. Churchill Says - The Kinks
4. Church of the Cold - Cactus World News
5. I Met Her in Church - The Box Tops

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 2:09pm
by Toppers Boppers
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 1:05pm
Top 5 songs with "Church" in the title.

1. Jerry's Electric Church - The Screaming Blue Messiahs
2. The Church of the Holy Spook - Shane MacGowan and The Popes
3. Mr. Churchill Says - The Kinks
4. Church of the Cold - Cactus World News
5. I Met Her in Church - The Box Tops
Tough Marky. I confess I couldn't make it to the altar...

1. Crying In The Chapel - Elvis Presley
2. Church Of The Poison Mind - Culture Club
3. New Church - The Adverts
4. Chapel Hill - Sonic Youth
5. Church of Women - XTC

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 2:11pm
by Marky Dread
Toppers Boppers wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 2:09pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 1:05pm
Top 5 songs with "Church" in the title.

1. Jerry's Electric Church - The Screaming Blue Messiahs
2. The Church of the Holy Spook - Shane MacGowan and The Popes
3. Mr. Churchill Says - The Kinks
4. Church of the Cold - Cactus World News
5. I Met Her in Church - The Box Tops
Tough Marky. I confess I couldn't make it to the altar...

1. Crying In The Chapel - Elvis Presley
2. Church Of The Poison Mind - Culture Club
3. New Church - The Adverts
4. Chapel Hill - Sonic Youth
5. Church of Women - XTC
It ain't no easy life mate. Still 3/5 ain't bad. ;)

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 7:25pm
by revbob
The Church - Rockbitch
Church of the Holy Spook- Shane and the Popes
Megachurch - Iron Reagan

That's all I got...

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 8:12pm
by Dr. Medulla
Lloyd Cole's "To the Church" is about the only thing I can think of that hasn't been cited already.

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 10:08pm
by drowninghere
The Waterboys - Church Not Made With Hands
Stephen Malkmus - Church on White
Hozier - Take Me To Church (apologies)
Iron Maiden - Churchill's Speech
Shadow Cabinet - The Church

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Posted: 23 Sep 2022, 2:58am
by Olaf
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 8:12pm
Lloyd Cole's "To the Church" is about the only thing I can think of that hasn't been cited already.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor have just issued a statement, they no longer consider you a fan. Please don't try to buy their t-shirts anymore.