IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex's Takes: The Beach Boys

Post by IkarisOne »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 7:29pm
Flex wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 7:24pm
I want Mike Love to get angry and confused and call his lawyers.
I think that's all he does anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 5:14pm
Goddamn it, I want to be angry, but I have to respect this.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 12:22pm
This is gonna be fresh as hell: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... e-1176987/
STOKED.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 12:22pm
This is gonna be fresh as hell: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... e-1176987/
HECK YEAH!! One of my fave periods of their history. Here is the full track listing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_Flows_(album)

God bless Mark & Alan for keeping these archival releases coming.

Looks like the first official release of My Solution :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'm also happy this is getting a physical release. Last few were digital only, which is fine, but I like seeing them up on the shelf with the rest of my BB stuff.

Flex

Post by Flex »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 1:46pm
I'm also happy this is getting a physical release. Last few were digital only, which is fine, but I like seeing them up on the shelf with the rest of my BB stuff.
Yeah, I know that it's not rational but those digital releases - I tend to spin them once or twice (proverbially) and that's it. Every BB physical archival release I eat up and listen to over and over, make an event of, etc. I understand it's all 1s and 0s in the end but I can't completely mentally obliterate the physical/digital divide when it comes to my enjoyment.

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 1:51pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Yeah, I know that it's not rational but those digital releases - I tend to spin them once or twice (proverbially) and that's it. Every BB physical archival release I eat up and listen to over and over, make an event of, etc. I understand it's all 1s and 0s in the end but I can't completely mentally obliterate the physical/digital divide when it comes to my enjoyment.
There will be a gap between the 67 Sunshine Tomorrow set and the new one. I would gladly have shelled out for a physical release of everything in between.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 1:51pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I've actually considered burning copies of those other archival releases and then printing out covers just to have something on the shelf.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

So been listening to the new box set through the day and really digging it. Sunflower always been my favourite BB album so no surprise there. Can't have too many versions of Add Some Music and the extended Til I Die from Surfs Up is a near masterpiece.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 3:39pm
So been listening to the new box set through the day and really digging it. Sunflower always been my favourite BB album so no surprise there. Can't have too many versions of Add Some Music and the extended Til I Die from Surfs Up is a near masterpiece.
Yeah, I've been very, very slowly working my way through the new set. Probably gonna really dig in this weekend, but this is a document of a band at a immense creative peak.

Pex Lives!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Flex wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 3:44pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, I've been very, very slowly working my way through the new set. Probably gonna really dig in this weekend, but this is a document of a band at a immense creative peak.
Yeah, a couple of hours today and I've barely skimmed the surface, just basically went through the tracks I like most in their various guises. Loving the a cappella tracks, if any band was made for a cappella, it was these guys.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 3:44pm
Low Down Low wrote:
As much as I love Sunflower, man, Bruce's tracks are clunky and somewhat cringy. Interestingly, I just read that they wanted to fire him around 1969, but that Billy Hinsche, his suggested replacement, decided against joining.