Question for Heston

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Question for Heston

Post by Heston »

jayrok wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Wait, you have an ongoing band? An album? Is it something my tin ears would appreciate? Are there shirts for sale? Will you sign my left tit? Why has this knowledge been withheld from me?
Yeah Doc, the band is an ongoing thing. The album Muppet has heard is from a couple of years back, but our new one is due any day now. It's all just self-produced and financed, we don't have a label or anything. We sell them at gigs for a fiver.

Funny you should speak of t-shirts though, we bought a t-shirt printing machine last week, the first ones are rolling off the press now. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll send an album and t-shirt to you gratis, as long as you post a pic of yourself looking miserable wearing it, Ctc-style. ;)

Hey Heston, sign me up for cd and and t shirt! Let me know how much - Cheers
Thanks mate, I'll post some info here when I get it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Yo Hes - what's up with the music/merch? I too want pay cash for your stuff. It's that good. And be quick with the info before I run outta quid! :lol:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:Yo Hes - what's up with the music/merch? I too want pay cash for your stuff. It's that good. And be quick with the info before I run outta quid! :lol:
Got some cds, just a slight hitch 'cos the first run of t-shirts got snapped up pretty quickly. Another batch coming this weekend.

Give me about a week and whoever wants a t-shirt, cd, badge and mug will be duly satisfied. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Yo Hes - what's up with the music/merch? I too want pay cash for your stuff. It's that good. And be quick with the info before I run outta quid! :lol:
Got some cds, just a slight hitch 'cos the first run of t-shirts got snapped up pretty quickly. Another batch coming this weekend.

Give me about a week and whoever wants a t-shirt, cd, badge and mug will be duly satisfied. ;)
I also want a picture of you in Ankh make-up (aka Sunday evenings).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

:mrgreen:

The Ankh make up is a full time thing, it's all or nothing in this business.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

:mrgreen:

The Ankh make up is a full time thing, it's all or nothing in this business.
Your commitment is admirable. And by that I mean you should be committed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:

Although I've never heard of you and your band sounds completely rubbish I do like free stuff. ;)

I'm surprised no one here had heard your stuff before. I've lost count of the copies I have made for friends now. Always got positive feedback and your previous band "The New Humans" went down a treat on my old blog with people asking for more.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Although I've never heard of you and your band sounds completely rubbish I do like free stuff. ;)

I'm surprised no one here had heard your stuff before. I've lost count of the copies I have made for friends now. Always got positive feedback and your previous band "The New Humans" went down a treat on my old blog with people asking for more.
Cheers Marky :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

When are the shirts available to order, Kulick?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:When are the shirts available to order, Kulick?
Yours is in the post.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
Yours is in the post.
I know this is funny, but I don't understand it at all. Someone help me out here.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Yours is in the post.
Is that a Geordie FGTH shirt?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Yours is in the post.
Indeed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Yours is in the post.
Indeed.
So wey aye means "relax"? How is that even English?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Yours is in the post.
I know this is funny, but I don't understand it at all. Someone help me out here.
A Geordie pastiche of the famous Frankie Goes To Hollywood Tee from the 80's.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia