The Fall

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Fall

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:http://annotatedfall.doomby.com/

Waste some time.
A project of disturbed commitment. Love it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Doesn't really appeal, to be honest. Even a short story by one of my favourite stand-ups, Stewart Lee, doesn't fill me with hope. A book of MES' short fiction, that'd be great, but this hasn't got much to do with what I love about the Fall. If it turns out better than average, let me know. I see it's a penny on Amazon, so I can invest that much for even one good story.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Silent Majority wrote:Doesn't really appeal, to be honest. Even a short story by one of my favourite stand-ups, Stewart Lee, doesn't fill me with hope. A book of MES' short fiction, that'd be great, but this hasn't got much to do with what I love about the Fall. If it turns out better than average, let me know. I see it's a penny on Amazon, so I can invest that much for even one good story.
It's no live, uncensored webcam in MES's rehearsal dungeon, that's for sure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:Doesn't really appeal, to be honest. Even a short story by one of my favourite stand-ups, Stewart Lee, doesn't fill me with hope. A book of MES' short fiction, that'd be great, but this hasn't got much to do with what I love about the Fall. If it turns out better than average, let me know. I see it's a penny on Amazon, so I can invest that much for even one good story.
After I read it again (might be a few months), I can mail it to you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
After I read it again (might be a few months), I can mail it to you.
I always appreciate a new book. Thanks. Only if it's recommended, of course, it's a long way to post.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just chuckled at this exchange on FB...
Stevie Angus: Anybody watched The Fall?
Like · Comment ·
Pete Shaw likes this.

Mike Ollier: I hate Mark Smith.
13 mins · Like

Stevie Angus: He not in it
11 mins · Like · 1

Mike Ollier: He formed them and writes all the songs.
10 mins · Like

Stevie Angus: Its a tv series
8 mins · Unlike · 2
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:Just chuckled at this exchange on FB...
Stevie Angus: Anybody watched The Fall?
Like · Comment ·
Pete Shaw likes this.

Mike Ollier: I hate Mark Smith.
13 mins · Like

Stevie Angus: He not in it
11 mins · Like · 1

Mike Ollier: He formed them and writes all the songs.
10 mins · Like

Stevie Angus: Its a tv series
8 mins · Unlike · 2
If it's MES and a bunch of hack actors, it's The Fall.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mark E Smith in 2015.
"But you can’t even watch TV in peace these days. There is a lot of peer pressure to watch certain programmes. It is like, ‘Have you watched Game of Thrones Mark?' Why? Should I have done? You are a social leper if you are not up to speed with the latest ridiculous episiode. The wife goes, ‘The rest of the band have got Netflix Mark.’ I just say go and live with them then. You even have to pay £50 to watch football on the box these days.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/138 ... echnology/

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:Mark E Smith in 2015.
"But you can’t even watch TV in peace these days. There is a lot of peer pressure to watch certain programmes. It is like, ‘Have you watched Game of Thrones Mark?' Why? Should I have done? You are a social leper if you are not up to speed with the latest ridiculous episiode. The wife goes, ‘The rest of the band have got Netflix Mark.’ I just say go and live with them then. You even have to pay £50 to watch football on the box these days.
King grouch is always pure entertainment. Someone really should give him his own talk show.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
King grouch is always pure entertainment. Someone really should give him his own talk show.
I can't even describe how much I'd love spending nine hours in a Salford Wetherspoons with him.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I can't even describe how much I'd love spending nine hours in a Salford Wetherspoons with him.
Hell yeah, I feel I would totally put the world to rights that day.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"It was better in the old days when no one was interested in anything and didn't want to talk about stuff, and basically we all sat in the dark. Things were better when we didn't communicate." What a hilarious codger.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
"It was better in the old days when no one was interested in anything and didn't want to talk about stuff, and basically we all sat in the dark. Things were better when we didn't communicate." What a hilarious codger.
The thing is he really has a point in someways. With all the technology available it just seems to make us more stupid. Now we can call up on our mobiles whenever we like and connect through Facebook/Twitter and fuck knows what else, no one bothers to actually talk to each other but instead just send text messages and pics of the bosses secretary bending over the fax machine.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Shit, I still haven't heard 2015's Fall album. I've just downloaded it, will give it a play now. Through my computer machine.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The thing is he really has a point in someways. With all the technology available it just seems to make us more stupid. Now we can call up on our mobiles whenever we like and connect through Facebook/Twitter and fuck knows what else, no one bothers to actually talk to each other but instead just send text messages and pics of the bosses secretary bending over the fax machine.
Eh, I'm not so jaundiced. I'm not saying there are no negative consequences, but it's still communication. As well, there's less gatekeeping via Internet communication, which is a positive development.