msza2 wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 12:57pm
Heston wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 11:13am
msza2 wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 10:49am
BitterTom wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 3:01pm
I'm not a massive fan of the outro to Tommy Gun, I get it adds another dimension but I think the song would have benefited from just staying in the same key. That E chord at the start is powerful as fuck, that's how it should have ended.
I never noticed it was a key change, but now that you mention it, it's so obvious.

I think of GEER as kind of their 'outro album' where the main body of most of the songs is still 2 minutes or so like the first album, but a lot of them have a new part at the end to give the songs more depth. Not that this is exclusive to GEER, but it represents that particular creative breakthrough for them.
It could be seen as a creative breakthrough or unnecessary padding, depending on your point of view. I certainly think Last Gang and All the Young Punks go on too long.
I agree those two go on too long, but it's because of an overlong song bodies, not outros.
Agreed on the latter, can't understand why they had a double chorus every time. I still think the end of LGIT goes on a bit, but yeah, the general arrangement doesn't help.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board