Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: ROUND 8 - Sandinista! - Side Two

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 7:32pm
Heston wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 6:36pm
Everyone knows it should have been 5 sides, not that I'm saying excise side 6 in its entirety. I would have kept Version City, Living In Fame and Shepherd's Delight.
Watch out for my new remix remaster in the next few days. It has 30 tracks resequenced with an extra disc of Mikeys dubs so they can be listened to as a separate thing. The kids songs are gone and edits made to make it just clash tracks. I'm really pleased with it.

Sandinista! Has been my favourite Clash album for some time. Despite its flaws it's an incredible record brimming with ideas that most bands could never achieve.
I will be watching out intently.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Heston wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 6:17pm
Okay, I'm ready to admit it, Sandinista is now my favourite Clash album. How can you listen to an album for 35 years and not be tired of it in any way? I think the murky production has helped it in the long run, it's never tiring on the ears. So multi-layered as well, I'm always discovering something new every time I play it. Who else has it down as their number one Clash album?
I fully support this statement! %100 without a doubt, love every second of it and all the remixes and dubs

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Hot take: the production of Sandinista! isn’t even that murky. I think the sound separates perfectly well even on the shitty cassette I first owned.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I love S! in all its wackiness. Sure, some songs are poor, some stupid, some pointless, but most brilliant and I wouldn't change a track on there, all works brilliantly together I feel.