Cut the Crap - Finalist

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Cut the Crap - Finalist

Post by Dr. Medulla »

When my class discussed Ralph's book and I asked what their story hinged upon—that if you could change a single element to fundamentally alter the narrative—several advocated Bernie's death. They didn't say Bernie should have been fired or not hired back, but he should have been killed. They, um, were not sympathetic to his managerial tactics. I also gave them a few minutes to look at his web page, which generated lots of snark. Not too many interested in running to join Bernie's Boys Town.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 7:14pm
When my class discussed Ralph's book and I asked what their story hinged upon—that if you could change a single element to fundamentally alter the narrative—several advocated Bernie's death. They didn't say Bernie should have been fired or not hired back, but he should have been killed. They, um, were not sympathetic to his managerial tactics. I also gave them a few minutes to look at his web page, which generated lots of snark. Not too many interested in running to join Bernie's Boys Town.
1. Incredible. I think they might be right that literally only death could get his hooks out of Joe.

2. Obvious solution here is to offer extra credit (or drop lowest test score or w/e) to any student willing to take James' place in Bernie's Camp for Wayward Youth.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 7:14pm
1. Incredible. I think they might be right that literally only death could get his hooks out of Joe.

2. Obvious solution here is to offer extra credit (or drop lowest test score or w/e) to any student willing to take James' place in Bernie's Camp for Wayward Youth.
I don't like the idea of James not being one of Bernie's cannon fodder, I mean vanguard. But I can think of one student from that class who I'd sacrifice to the cause …
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft