Cut the Crap - Finalist

Post by WestwayKid »

Three Card Trick is going to the final!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Cut the Crap - Finalist

Post by Heston »

One in the eye for the "This Is England is the only decent blah blah blah" brigade.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Great song, well deserved. Cut the Crap is a lot worse than we give it credit for here on this forum, but a good handful of songs are better than normies in the rest of existence give credit for either, so it probably sorta balances out. Striking a blow for the Mark II empire here.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 3:36pm
Great song, well deserved. Cut the Crap is a lot worse than we give it credit for here on this forum, but a good handful of songs are better than normies in the rest of existence give credit for either, so it probably sorta balances out. Striking a blow for the Mark II empire here.
If your theory held water, "Dictator" would still be standing tall, with an insane cacophony spewing forth and the drum machine self-destructs from misuse.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Well deserved, best on the album and a great song, not just for Cut the Crap but for The Clash.

Flex

Post by Flex »

I'm listening to Cut the Crap and both Dirty Punk and We Are The Clash have great crunchy guitars and good vocals with some nice hooks and relatively inoffenseive drum machine programming on 'em. Those two really should have made it further in the voting than they did. I think Dirty Punk may be my favorite on side one, nice as Movers and Shakers is.

Pex Lives!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

It's all about the horns in Movers and Shakers' chorus, great stuff.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 12:24pm
I'm listening to Cut the Crap and both Dirty Punk and We Are The Clash have great crunchy guitars and good vocals with some nice hooks and relatively inoffenseive drum machine programming on 'em. Those two really should have made it further in the voting than they did. I think Dirty Punk may be my favorite on side one, nice as Movers and Shakers is.
Everything you said is pointless as you didn't mention Are You Red...y, the song that should have won the album..
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 7:41pm
Everything you said is pointless as you didn't mention Are You Red...y, the song that should have won the album..
Sorry, my listening this morning CONFIRMED I was right to vote against it.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
Drum programming on a Clash record without the use of the real drummer. No excuses period for that.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 9:02am
Flex wrote:
Drum programming on a Clash record without the use of the real drummer. No excuses period for that.
Most Wire fans make the same argument about the Mute years. A solid drummer in the band who got turned into a cyborg.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
The problem is that in 1985 most bands were using synthetic drums, even Madness and the Stranglers got in on the act.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 10:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
The problem is that in 1985 most bands were using synthetic drums, even Madness and the Stranglers got in on the act.
Hello,

Are we talking about most bands here - or the Clash? I hold the Clash to higher standards.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:
Well, I did say relatively. ;) It's ultimately heartbreaking they didn't use the real band. Even if it wasn't "the real clash" it could have been something great.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Recorded by the actual band would have produced, in my guess, something lacklustre instead of something ludicrous. Arguably, Bernie made them go out with a bang rather than a whimper. #turdpolishing