25%

Total votes: 24

101Walterton
The Best

Re: ROUND 15 - Sandinista! - Side Four

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 7:38pm
I predict call up was Washington Bullets is gonna be a nailbiter, as it should be.
I’m picking WB at a canter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Call Up's universal and urgent pacifism > Washington Bullet's specific outrage of America imperialism in Latin America. Both are noble sentiments, but go with the wider scope,
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 8:47pm
The Call Up's universal and urgent pacifism > Washington Bullet's specific outrage of America imperialism in Latin America. Both are noble sentiments, but go with the wider scope,
Washington Bullets will win.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 10:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 8:47pm
Washington Bullets will win.
I love both songs but I’m hoping in my heart that the people who think The Call Up is boring (some of whom should know better) do the right thing and abstain. They are clearly not fit to make judgments.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

A turgid five minute slog about “war is bad” or something or a catchy marimba motherfuck you to the US’ foreign policy in central/South America. I think it has the only electric guitar solo on the album too and some solid backing vocals. What the hell does Call Up have?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

matedog wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 12:24am
A turgid five minute slog about “war is bad” or something or a catchy marimba motherfuck you to the US’ foreign policy in central/South America. I think it has the only electric guitar solo on the album too and some solid backing vocals. What the hell does Call Up have?
Bells.