32%

Total votes: 28

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: THE FINAL - Round 5

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
07 May 2019, 4:53pm
I’m legit annoyed at this tactical voting nonsense. Every time I’ve voted it’s been for the one I honestly thought deserved to go off next.
The biggest Wolston ever.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Flex wrote:
07 May 2019, 4:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 4:43pm
There's something quite wrong if an unambiguously punk number doesn't make the final two. The charge that people here actually hate punk would have enough evidence to go to trial. And I won't testify for the defence! :naughty:
I kept trying to defend the actual punker songs the band produced but Faux Punks like Maj kept voting 'em out!
The fact the WMIHP isn’t going to win makes the poll not credible.
Nonsense, CC beat White Man fair and square.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:27pm
101Walterton wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There's something quite wrong if an unambiguously punk number doesn't make the final two. The charge that people here actually hate punk would have enough evidence to go to trial. And I won't testify for the defence! :naughty:
I kept trying to defend the actual punker songs the band produced but Faux Punks like Maj kept voting 'em out!
Beat yes. Nothing fair and square to see here.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I fail to see why anyone would vote different to what they felt when the two songs were head to head

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Flex wrote:

I fail to see why anyone would vote different to what they felt when the two songs were head to head
I'm referring to the whole poll. Tactical voting has put me off taking part.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Whatever wins I think it's great we have 3 songs from each stage of their career. A lot of people write them off after LC but great to see the later songs getting a lot of love in these polls.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:39pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Well it's all just a bit of fun at the end of the day. I think there's no denying the cream has risen to the top. You can't really vote tactically in the head to head, which is when it matters. As I've said above, I would have no idea why anyone would vote tactically anyway.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Well it's all just a bit of fun at the end of the day. I think there's no denying the cream has risen to the top. You can't really vote tactically in the head to head, which is when it matters. As I've said above, I would have no idea why anyone would vote tactically anyway.
Hmmmmm.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:22pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hmmmmm.
I'd say the only real upset was White Riot going out so early. It should have won the first album all day long for me. CC beating White Man was a slight upset but not beyond the realms of possibility. Every other album panned out as I expected really.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Hmmmmm.
I'd say the only real upset was White Riot going out so early. It should have won the first album all day long for me. CC beating White Man was a slight upset but not beyond the realms of possibility. Every other album panned out as I expected really.
I love RCF but I saw the final as CC Vs (WM)iHP with LC not far behind. The real winner of these polls for me has been OMT.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hmmmmm.
Hmmmmm, indeed. But we're not electing the pope here, so why not have some fun, including indulging silly faux bitterness over some incomprehensible early round results?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hmmmmm.
I love RCF but I saw the final as CC Vs (WM)iHP with LC not far behind. The real winner of these polls for me has been OMT.
But there was never a route to the final which would have allowed CC and White Man to go head to head. To use a football analogy, it's like those World Cup ties when you are in the same side of the draw and can't play Brazil in the final.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Hmmmmm.
Hmmmmm, indeed. But we're not electing the pope here, so why not have some fun, including indulging silly faux bitterness over some incomprehensible early round results?
Punk rock is not for losers. It's serious music made by serious people. Have not heard of the Desperate Bicycles.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Hmmmmm.
But there was never a route to the final which would have allowed CC and White Man to go head to head. To use a football analogy, it's like those World Cup ties when you are in the same side of the draw and can't play Brazil in the final.
Exactly it's been fixed by those in power from the very start. No wonder The Clash split up when they did.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 7:40pm
Punk rock is not for losers. It's serious music made by serious people.
zild.jpg
zild.jpg (22.8 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
criss.jpg
criss.jpg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 4900 times