Complete Control
43%

Total votes: 30

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

THE FINAL

Post by WestwayKid »

Voted off: Straight to Hell

THIS IS IT - This poll ends now! Only two songs remain!!

It's been a lot of fun doing this!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: THE FINAL

Post by Heston »

Sad to see STH go, an immense song. RCF is also a work of genius, the whole band firing on all cylinders. But my vote has to go in favour of CC, simply the greatest song by anyone, ever.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Voted against RCF because CC is punk and RCF shivved LC earlier on. My only hesitation was knowing it would bring me into Heston's camp and he's been eating sardines again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:35pm
Voted against RCF because CC is punk and RCF shivved LC earlier on. My only hesitation was knowing it would bring me into Heston's camp and he's been eating sardines again.
I agree with this post. And, as of now, it's a tie! What happens in case of a tie?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:41pm
What happens in case of a tie?
My suggestion is that if it's a tie after 24 hours, keep it open for another 24 hours, and so on until it's broken. But don't end it prematurely in one of the extended periods just because one pulls ahead. Let the clock run fully. Sooner or later it has to be broken.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:35pm
I agree with this post. And, as of now, it's a tie! What happens in case of a tie?
I'm pretty confident it won't end in a tie but if it does....do what Doc says.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I hate to do it, but I had to vote CC. RCF is just too representative of the band as a whole, plus I love Jamaican music, plus it's one of the very few songs I know for a fact that Paul actually played on.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Both are masterpieces but I think I have to vote in favor of Rudie. While CC is the pinnacle of their punk period, The Clash are my favorite band because they pushed barriers and I think their last song standing should reflect that.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

As the resident Rude Boy I confess when it came to it I had to go with CC and vote RCF, this is The Clash.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

well, i'm here now and i intend to make a difference.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:55pm
I hate to do it, but I had to vote CC. RCF is just too representative of the band as a whole, plus I love Jamaican music, plus it's one of the very few songs I know for a fact that Paul actually played on.
Why is that?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

CC is great and all, but it's not a top 10 for me. This was an easy vote. Particularly with 77 Joe.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
08 May 2019, 3:16pm
Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:55pm
Why is that?
From that group of isolated tracks for the whole album up on YouTube.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

matedog wrote:
08 May 2019, 3:16pm
CC is great and all, but it's not a top 10 for me. This was an easy vote. Particularly with 77 Joe.
I don’t get the 77 Joe vocals comments. Joe’s vocals are perfect for those songs so are you saying you don’t like the 77 songs?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I've made it even again sorry. RCF is just too good compared to the production of CC. CC is obviously excellent but its sound is too small for the magnitude of the song. If it had the same power and feel as the FHTE version, this would be one of the easier polls, a clear winner. As it happens though RCF is pretty spot on, great sound and melody, you can almost feel the great time Joe and Mick were having. As I said last round, it's one of a very small list of songs that can raise my mood even at the shittest of times. A worthy winner in my eyes.

WestwayKid, thank you so much for organising this all, it's been fantastic!