10 May 2019, 12:27pm
Heston wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:08pm
Heston wrote:
09 May 2019, 6:59pm
The champ and deservedly so.

That moment went it all kicks in...on the LAST tour....priceless.

I fucking love this song.
It has so many great moments. On very first playing it (I bought it in WH Smiths, Reading) I just fell in love with it. I played it over and over again and the line ''I don't trust you...so why trust me'' was like my punk mantra.
I could write an essay on all the great things about it. I love the way the intro is in some weird timing like 6/8 or something. Matey will probably correct me but it has this unorthodox bar length. The way it has no chorus, just a bridge. That unexpected G chord just after the "you're my guitar hero" bit. Then it has a middle eight which kicks in out of nowhere and just keeps on rolling to the end. Utter genius made to sound so simple.
The intro is in 4/4, I think that guitar part just makes it seem a bit off kilter.
Yeah I thought so. :shifty:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Complete Control Reigns Supreme!

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

It has so many great moments. On very first playing it (I bought it in WH Smiths, Reading) I just fell in love with it. I played it over and over again and the line ''I don't trust you...so why trust me'' was like my punk mantra.
I could write an essay on all the great things about it. I love the way the intro is in some weird timing like 6/8 or something. Matey will probably correct me but it has this unorthodox bar length. The way it has no chorus, just a bridge. That unexpected G chord just after the "you're my guitar hero" bit. Then it has a middle eight which kicks in out of nowhere and just keeps on rolling to the end. Utter genius made to sound so simple.
The intro is in 4/4, I think that guitar part just makes it seem a bit off kilter.
Yeah, it's more the bar lengths that are irregular rather than the timing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Just after the lovely solo and the aforementioned seemingly strange chord, smashing full speed into the next verse "They said we'd be artistically free" is perhaps my favourite section in any song ever, utter perfection.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yeah, you could probably sub divide the riff into like 3-3-2 or something, but it's 8 bars of 4/4. Topper's fill lands right on 1. It does sound a little off kilter and threw off my counting when I just listened to it.

That G-chord is petty nifty. The song is staunchly in E major, so that G-chord is pretty fun without being cacophonous/obnoxious.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.