Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 4:38pm
Heston wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 3:25pm
Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 3:09pm
Heston wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 2:54pm
Are you sure you're familiar with the band?
Yes, but I'm a bit picky with Rancid. Loads of great tunes but a lot of stuff I don't like. Obviously Wolves is nearly all great but I can discard most of Rancid 2000. It just depends which hat they're wearing.
Life Won't Wait is the only one I still listen to and I stop after track 10. Why didn't the band ever hear of B-sides?
There should be a "Rancid Rule" where punk bands aren't allowed more than 12 songs on an LP.
No way I'm missing out on two tracks from the first Clash album. Ain't happening mister!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 2 Nomination

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 6:53pm
Heston wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 4:46pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 3:09pm

Are you sure you're familiar with the band?
Yes, but I'm a bit picky with Rancid. Loads of great tunes but a lot of stuff I don't like. Obviously Wolves is nearly all great but I can discard most of Rancid 2000. It just depends which hat they're wearing.
Life Won't Wait is the only one I still listen to and I stop after track 10. Why didn't the band ever hear of B-sides?
There should be a "Rancid Rule" where punk bands aren't allowed more than 12 songs on an LP.
No way I'm missing out on two tracks from the first Clash album. Ain't happening mister!
At the conclusion we can compare (poll) against the ClSh tracks however suspect I know the answer hence why they were banned from this poll.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 5:29pm
Kory wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 1:49pm
tepista wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 5:38pm
Kory wrote:
Rancid thinks that since a CD is 80 minutes or whatever, they have to use the whole thing! I'm always tired after a Rancid record.

edit: Yes, listening fatigue, I missed that post.
It's like when Metallica was marketing Load as 78 minutes of music or whatever it was, like that was the only selling point. I guess until that point nobody had tried to fill up a whole CD.
Can you think of another?

And I didn't ask you Tom!
I thought it was an interesting album, at least inasmuch as they got ambitious and tried to do something other than metal. If they had any guts they would have continued down that trail that they obviously liked, but they got scared their fans wouldn't like them anymore.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 7:41pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:
Rancid thinks that since a CD is 80 minutes or whatever, they have to use the whole thing! I'm always tired after a Rancid record.

It's like when Metallica was marketing Load as 78 minutes of music or whatever it was, like that was the only selling point. I guess until that point nobody had tried to fill up a whole CD.

I thought it was an interesting album, at least inasmuch as they got ambitious and tried to do something other than metal. If they had any guts they would have continued down that trail that they obviously liked, but they got scared their fans wouldn't like them anymore.
I have to be honest and say I never heard it.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 8:32pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:

You don't need to, it's shit. And I haven't heard it either.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 9:03pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

LOL now you sound like me. Is swear Ive said that same thing many times.

Also going hack to Kory's comment I think they changed their sound/approach quite a bit with their Black album or whatever it was called, which is to say I think many fans abandoned ship there...no?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:

It was a shit album to be fair. Not a touch on previous entries.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 7:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

At the conclusion we can compare (poll) against the ClSh tracks however suspect I know the answer hence why they were banned from this poll.
No mate I was referring to Hestons comment only. No reflection on the poll.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 4:49am
101Walterton wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 7:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

No mate I was referring to Hestons comment only. No reflection on the poll.
Oops completely misread your post 😂

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I've already used up my nomination - BUT if anyone is looking for a song/track to nominate, they might want to think about Diamond Dogs from the album of the same name. Diamond Dogs is criminally under-appreciated and the title track is one of my top Bowie songs - and it has cowbell!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 9:44pm
Hello,

I've already used up my nomination - BUT if anyone is looking for a song/track to nominate, they might want to think about Diamond Dogs from the album of the same name. Diamond Dogs is criminally under-appreciated and the title track is one of my top Bowie songs - and it has cowbell!
You can change choices.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 9:51pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

You can change choices.
Hello,

Thanks for that option, 101. It's really tough (which makes this a really fun endeavour) but I'll stick with Devo.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 9:56pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 9:51pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

You can change choices.
Hello,

Thanks for that option, 101. It's really tough (which makes this a really fun endeavour) but I'll stick with Devo.
It is going to get tougher as 3/4 are often the top tracks on a album

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

I snort laughed at this and spooked the dog completely!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 11:40pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

I snort laughed at this and spooked the dog completely!
That's my joke.