8%
Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
22%

Total votes: 36

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Track 8 Poll 1

Post by Heston »

I love the Squeeze song but have to admit I'm surprised it's winning. A very English song.

Still shocked Strawberry Fields isn't running away with this, that song is almost like a divine creation to me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
18 May 2020, 7:07pm
Still shocked Strawberry Fields isn't running away with this, that song is almost like a divine creation to me.
My second-favourite Beatles song (barely edged by its cousin "Tomorrow Never Knows"). But I have to admit that SFF would be an odd duck in an album with what we have thus far.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2020, 7:17pm
Heston wrote:
My second-favourite Beatles song (barely edged by its cousin "Tomorrow Never Knows"). But I have to admit that SFF would be an odd duck in an album with what we have thus far.
I'm not thinking too conceptually at the moment, just going for my favourite songs.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
I love the Squeeze song but have to admit I'm surprised it's winning. A very English song.

O went in with an open mind but yeah still not my thing give some thrash metal with hot rockabilly chics any day.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
18 May 2020, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I'm not thinking too conceptually at the moment, just going for my favourite songs.
Just saying that, as SM observed a few rounds ago, the results are suggestive of a bunch of people who grew up with 70s and 80s punk.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Some very strong tracks in the other poll.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2020, 7:37pm
Heston wrote:
18 May 2020, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Just saying that, as SM observed a few rounds ago, the results are suggestive of a bunch of people who grew up with 70s and 80s punk.
Yep agree to a point. The winning tracks are from that era because that is our common dominator which means votes. Doesn’t mean we are stuck in that era as we all branched out into different genres, bands across the globe this got very diluted. The more recent (personal) nominations don’t do very well as they don’t have the same mass appeal.

Doesn’t explain SFE though.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I love love love Up the Junction, but we're not going to have any women on the final album, are we.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
19 May 2020, 11:14am
I love love love Up the Junction, but we're not going to have any women on the final album, are we.
Afraid not
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Cooties. You know.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
I really thought my Slits nomination a while back was going to be a lock, but I think it only got like 3 votes.

We might get X on track 9...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
Depends if people vote for the Abba track I've got coming.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
19 May 2020, 3:42pm
JennyB wrote:
What about the girl from Clapham?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
19 May 2020, 2:06pm
JennyB wrote:
I really thought my Slits nomination a while back was going to be a lock, but I think it only got like 3 votes.

We might get X on track 9...
Not unless Kaleb has like 12 alts.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
19 May 2020, 11:35pm
Heston wrote:
19 May 2020, 3:42pm
JennyB wrote:
What about the girl from Clapham?
I see what you did there. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy