The Ultimate Album Track 11

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5160
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:30pm
Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Well, Wally will be pleased for a change.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33333
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:09am
Olaf wrote:
27 May 2020, 8:08am
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:04pm
My third and last chance to get a Dexys track on this album but it is an absolute belter!!
If you don’t know it have a listen before voting 🙏

There, There My Dear - Dexys Midnight Runners
Hmm I could probably see my way to supporting this... :shifty:
If it helps the steward looking into the Paranoid case with his decision...
Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Just start with the first album, it's great.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's a trap, revbob, it's a trap! Come for the Dexy's and you'll leave with the Showaddydiddygoodybaddy.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:35pm
It's a trap, revbob, it's a trap! Come for the Dexy's and you'll leave with the Showaddydiddygoodybaddy.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12210
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Kory »

I'm realizing most of my favorite albums don't go past track 10. I also remembered that I was going to do Disintegration for track 10 and blew it on something that isn't going to get any votes.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:29pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:09am
Olaf wrote:
27 May 2020, 8:08am
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:04pm
My third and last chance to get a Dexys track on this album but it is an absolute belter!!
If you don’t know it have a listen before voting 🙏

There, There My Dear - Dexys Midnight Runners
Hmm I could probably see my way to supporting this... :shifty:
If it helps the steward looking into the Paranoid case with his decision...
Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Just start with the first album, it's great.
RevBob presume you mean Come On Eileen?
Heston is correct start with their debut Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. ‘Eileen was off their second album after a major line up and change in style and direction.

SFTYSR came with the early 2 Tone wave and like 2 Tone was influenced by many genres including punk and soul with a great brass sound.
There, There My Dear and Geno (brilliant track) were the singles off SFTYSR but every track is perfect.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34803
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by tepista »

Devo - secret agent man?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
27 May 2020, 3:46pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:29pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:09am
Olaf wrote:
27 May 2020, 8:08am
revbob wrote:
26 May 2020, 9:30pm


Hmm I could probably see my way to supporting this... :shifty:
If it helps the steward looking into the Paranoid case with his decision...
Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Just start with the first album, it's great.
RevBob presume you mean Come On Eileen?
Heston is correct start with their debut Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. ‘Eileen was off their second album after a major line up and change in style and direction.

SFTYSR came with the early 2 Tone wave and like 2 Tone was influenced by many genres including punk and soul with a great brass sound.
There, There My Dear and Geno (brilliant track) were the singles off SFTYSR but every track is perfect.
Downloading now...

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:16pm
Devo - secret agent man?
Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by 101Walterton »

Keep them coming we are running out of rounds!!!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18978
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 5:04pm
Tangential fun fact: As things deteriorated between me and my apartment mate in my first year of university, he became officially known as Fuckface. To this day, I still think of his name actually being Fuckface. I think he's a documentary filmmaker now or something like that.
Is he of the Calgary Fuckfaces?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 5:04pm
Tangential fun fact: As things deteriorated between me and my apartment mate in my first year of university, he became officially known as Fuckface. To this day, I still think of his name actually being Fuckface. I think he's a documentary filmmaker now or something like that.
Is he of the Calgary Fuckfaces?
He wishes. Those Fuckfaces have ATVs that they drive in the city. No, he was from the North Battleford Fuckfaces.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18978
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:10pm
JennyB wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 5:04pm
Tangential fun fact: As things deteriorated between me and my apartment mate in my first year of university, he became officially known as Fuckface. To this day, I still think of his name actually being Fuckface. I think he's a documentary filmmaker now or something like that.
Is he of the Calgary Fuckfaces?
He wishes. Those Fuckfaces have ATVs that they drive in the city. No, he was from the North Battleford Fuckfaces.
Oh no. How uncouth!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:10pm
JennyB wrote:
27 May 2020, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2020, 5:04pm
Tangential fun fact: As things deteriorated between me and my apartment mate in my first year of university, he became officially known as Fuckface. To this day, I still think of his name actually being Fuckface. I think he's a documentary filmmaker now or something like that.
Is he of the Calgary Fuckfaces?
He wishes. Those Fuckfaces have ATVs that they drive in the city. No, he was from the North Battleford Fuckfaces.
Oh no. How uncouth!
Honestly, that comes with the territory when you're a Fuckface.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33333
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:50pm
tepista wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:16pm
Devo - secret agent man?
Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Post Reply