The Ultimate Album Track 11

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33333
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Heston »

Just for the hell of it I'm nominating "Is That What You Fought the War For?" by SLF. Even if just for this line...

"When free health care can save your life
but queue until you die"
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:50pm
tepista wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:16pm
Devo - secret agent man?
Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:50pm
tepista wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:16pm
Devo - secret agent man?
Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Start Me Up!!!!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:50pm
tepista wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:16pm
Devo - secret agent man?
Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Start Me Up!!!!
That's one's alright, I guess (relatively speaking). "Waiting on a Friend" is the stinkiest, moldiest kind of cheese.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33333
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:41pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:50pm


Another excellent one. This is going to be another embarrassment of riches round.
Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Start Me Up!!!!
That's one's alright, I guess (relatively speaking). "Waiting on a Friend" is the stinkiest, moldiest kind of cheese.
Repulsive song. If I'm listening to the Stones I don't often stray too far past 1971.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 647
Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 1:19am

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by drowninghere »

The Libertines - The Good Old Days

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:41pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm


Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Start Me Up!!!!
That's one's alright, I guess (relatively speaking). "Waiting on a Friend" is the stinkiest, moldiest kind of cheese.
Repulsive song. If I'm listening to the Stones I don't often stray too far past 1971.
For a band that kept tugging on the Beatles' shirttail in the 60s, they fucked up by not also quitting right after the Beatles.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:41pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 7:13pm


Yeah, we might even get another third rate Rolling Stones song.
Oooo, "Waiting on a Friend"!
Start Me Up!!!!
That's one's alright, I guess (relatively speaking). "Waiting on a Friend" is the stinkiest, moldiest kind of cheese.
Repulsive song. If I'm listening to the Stones I don't often stray too far past 1971.
Rev Heston in the house

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Marky Dread »

Sympathy for the Devil
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2020, 3:46pm
Sympathy for the Devil
Can we do the Motorhead version instead ?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88676
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2020, 3:46pm
Sympathy for the Devil
Can we do the Motorhead version instead ?
Laibach!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by 101Walterton »

Due to long weekend coming up will leave this open for more nominations.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46114
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by Marky Dread »

Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
Redemption Song - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:33pm
101Walterton wrote:
27 May 2020, 3:46pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:29pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:09am
Olaf wrote:
27 May 2020, 8:08am
If it helps the steward looking into the Paranoid case with his decision...
Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Just start with the first album, it's great.
RevBob presume you mean Come On Eileen?
Heston is correct start with their debut Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. ‘Eileen was off their second album after a major line up and change in style and direction.

SFTYSR came with the early 2 Tone wave and like 2 Tone was influenced by many genres including punk and soul with a great brass sound.
There, There My Dear and Geno (brilliant track) were the singles off SFTYSR but every track is perfect.
Downloading now...
What did you think?

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12516
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album Track 11

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
29 May 2020, 5:50pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 4:33pm
101Walterton wrote:
27 May 2020, 3:46pm
Heston wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:29pm
revbob wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:09am


Ive never gotten around to listening to Dexy's much because that hit song they had never did too much for me. This I feel is a genuine good song, I guess I should check out more.
Just start with the first album, it's great.
RevBob presume you mean Come On Eileen?
Heston is correct start with their debut Searching For The Young Soul Rebels. ‘Eileen was off their second album after a major line up and change in style and direction.

SFTYSR came with the early 2 Tone wave and like 2 Tone was influenced by many genres including punk and soul with a great brass sound.
There, There My Dear and Geno (brilliant track) were the singles off SFTYSR but every track is perfect.
Downloading now...
What did you think?
Id say mostly favorable. I think I need to listen to it more. They remind me of this old NYC band Black47, which I then remembered Geof Blythe was in both bands, but there's also a similarity in vocal styles, which TBH Im not a big fan. But I will continue to listen. I like horn driven music and there's horns a plenty. Prefer the faster to the slower stuff, but that's pretty much always the case with me and any music.

Post Reply