The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by 101Walterton »

Last track to go on the album and interesting to see what nominations come up.
Ghost Track is one of those tracks that appears on a vinyl album but is not included in the sleeve or label tracklisting!!

It can be a whole song added on the end ala Train In Vain on London Calling or maybe a reprise of an earlier track or instrumental version.

As long as it is not mentioned anywhere on the track list or label it is in play*!!!


*subject to Stewards approval. This does not include tracks from albums where sleeve / label etc.. were left intentionally blank for artistic reasons.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:33pm
Last track to go on the album and interesting to see what nominations come up.
Ghost Track is one of those tracks that appears on a vinyl album but is not included in the sleeve or label tracklisting!!

It can be a whole song added on the end ala Train In Vain on London Calling or maybe a reprise of an earlier track or instrumental version.

As long as it is not mentioned anywhere on the track list or label it is in play*!!!


*subject to Stewards approval. This does not include tracks from albums where sleeve / label etc.. were left intentionally blank for artistic reasons.
So why was Train in Vein left off? Ive never come across a reason why.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:33pm
Last track to go on the album and interesting to see what nominations come up.
Ghost Track is one of those tracks that appears on a vinyl album but is not included in the sleeve or label tracklisting!!

It can be a whole song added on the end ala Train In Vain on London Calling or maybe a reprise of an earlier track or instrumental version.

As long as it is not mentioned anywhere on the track list or label it is in play*!!!


*subject to Stewards approval. This does not include tracks from albums where sleeve / label etc.. were left intentionally blank for artistic reasons.
So why was Train in Vein left off? Ive never come across a reason why.
I understand it was recorded late in the piece and all artwork etc already at printers?

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:33pm
Last track to go on the album and interesting to see what nominations come up.
Ghost Track is one of those tracks that appears on a vinyl album but is not included in the sleeve or label tracklisting!!

It can be a whole song added on the end ala Train In Vain on London Calling or maybe a reprise of an earlier track or instrumental version.

As long as it is not mentioned anywhere on the track list or label it is in play*!!!


*subject to Stewards approval. This does not include tracks from albums where sleeve / label etc.. were left intentionally blank for artistic reasons.
So why was Train in Vein left off? Ive never come across a reason why.
I understand it was recorded late in the piece and all artwork etc already at printers?
That adds up

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33652
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:44pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:33pm
Last track to go on the album and interesting to see what nominations come up.
Ghost Track is one of those tracks that appears on a vinyl album but is not included in the sleeve or label tracklisting!!

It can be a whole song added on the end ala Train In Vain on London Calling or maybe a reprise of an earlier track or instrumental version.

As long as it is not mentioned anywhere on the track list or label it is in play*!!!


*subject to Stewards approval. This does not include tracks from albums where sleeve / label etc.. were left intentionally blank for artistic reasons.
So why was Train in Vein left off? Ive never come across a reason why.
I understand it was recorded late in the piece and all artwork etc already at printers?
It was. They managed to etch "Track 5 is Train In Vain" into the run-out groove though.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89315
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Geez, not a ton of options here. The only one that comes to mind is R.E.M.'s (duh) "Untitled" off Green. Far from excellent, but beggars and choosers and all that.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33652
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by Heston »

English Rose - The Jam
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by revbob »

Anal Cunt cover of The Doors' "Hello, I Love You on Morbid Florist

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by Wolter »

Butthole Surfers - "Kuntz"

(I’m kidding. I just wanted to follow one “cunt” with another)
Last edited by Wolter on 09 Jun 2020, 4:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 7:53pm
Butthole Surfers - "Kuntz"
Cool because you know there's people just waiting to nominate Blur and their fellow travelers.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 6:20pm
Geez, not a ton of options here. The only one that comes to mind is R.E.M.'s (duh) "Untitled" off Green. Far from excellent, but beggars and choosers and all that.
You would be surprised.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by 101Walterton »

Madness - Madness (One Step Beyond)

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 8:08pm
Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 7:53pm
Butthole Surfers - "Kuntz"
Cool because you know there's people just waiting to nominate Blur and their fellow travelers.
I'm only nominating Quixotic no-voters from now on, because I have plenty of UK new wave 1977-1982 comps.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 9:56pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 8:08pm
Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 7:53pm
Butthole Surfers - "Kuntz"
Cool because you know there's people just waiting to nominate Blur and their fellow travelers.
I'm only nominating Quixotic no-voters from now on, because I have plenty of UK new wave 1977-1982 comps.
But what about 90s Britpop?

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Album - Ghost Track

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 9:56pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 8:08pm
Wolter wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 7:53pm
Butthole Surfers - "Kuntz"
Cool because you know there's people just waiting to nominate Blur and their fellow travelers.
I'm only nominating Quixotic no-voters from now on, because I have plenty of UK new wave 1977-1982 comps.
Only 4 tracks out of 11 so far?????

Post Reply