38%
Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones
62%

Total votes: 26

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Track 2 Version 2 Final Head to Head

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rebuttal: In most any competition, when the original winner has to step down or vacate their win for any reason, it's standard that the runner up is named the winner. "Paranoid" earned its way to the first final fair and square, and once "Bodies"' win was voided, "Paranoid" should have been named the winner of track 2, full stop. The consultation poll, new round of nomination, and new round of voting shouldn't have occured.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:52pm
Rebuttal: In most any competition, when the original winner has to step down or vacate their win for any reason, it's standard that the runner up is named the winner. "Paranoid" earned its way to the first final fair and square, and once "Bodies"' win was voided, "Paranoid" should have been named the winner of track 2, full stop. The consultation poll, new round of nomination, and new round of voting shouldn't have occured.
Fair point, but “it’s standard” doesn’t apply to IMCT polls, Heston told me.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:47pm
Before we get too misty eyed about the treatment of the people's favourite Paranoid let's let the facts get in a way of a good story.

Paranoid got crushed in a head to head final 18 votes to 5 against Bodies (a mediocre album track on NMTB).
Due to a gaping hole in the rules (my fault for which I take full responsibility) that vote became null and void.
I vote was held to decide how best to resolve the issue and 'Declare Paranoid the winner' lost the vote to 'restart from scratch'.
In a poll of 9 songs Paranoid again didnt win and tied with Another Girl Another Planet.
In a head to head with Another Girl Another Planet Planet the poll has Paranoid losing again by 4 votes.

Paranoid has been given every opportunity to win this round other than a free ticket and although that was on offer it was voted against by the board voters.
I agree with everything apart from Bodies being a mediocre album track. Are you insane?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, every chance was given. The better song has won.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:56pm
101Walterton wrote:
Before we get too misty eyed about the treatment of the people's favourite Paranoid let's let the facts get in a way of a good story.

Paranoid got crushed in a head to head final 18 votes to 5 against Bodies (a mediocre album track on NMTB).
Due to a gaping hole in the rules (my fault for which I take full responsibility) that vote became null and void.
I vote was held to decide how best to resolve the issue and 'Declare Paranoid the winner' lost the vote to 'restart from scratch'.
In a poll of 9 songs Paranoid again didnt win and tied with Another Girl Another Planet.
In a head to head with Another Girl Another Planet Planet the poll has Paranoid losing again by 4 votes.

Paranoid has been given every opportunity to win this round other than a free ticket and although that was on offer it was voted against by the board voters.
I agree with everything apart from Bodies being a mediocre album track. Are you insane?
By Bollocks standards was my reference point.

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:59pm
Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:56pm
101Walterton wrote:

By Bollocks standards was my reference point.
It might be my favourite on the album.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Why didn't "Another Girl" go up against "Bodies" the first time? Was it even considered the first time around? That's a remarkable second chance for "Another Girl."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:08pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Why didn't "Another Girl" go up against "Bodies" the first time? Was it even considered the first time around? That's a remarkable second chance for "Another Girl."
Yeah, but it got considered second time around and deemed better. Only the strongest survive in this game.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 11:44pm
Wolter wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 11:21pm
revbob wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 7:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 7:37pm
If this board had a sense of honour, it would have supported "Paranoid" as the runner-up from the first round, a round for which "Another Girl" didn't even qualify. It really is a queer sense of what is just.
I really couldn't have said better.
Yeah. That’s Some Bullshit. I like the Only Ones, but this is a travesty.
It’s what the people wanted welcome to democracy!!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12682&p=578215#p578215
It's what 7 out of 22 people wanted. That poll had too many options. You created this monster, Dr. Frankenpoll, not "the people."

But I really can't complain, I voted "Let Wally decide."
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, but it got considered second time around and deemed better. Only the strongest survive in this game.
Not strong enough to even be considered the first time around, so not exactly Charles Atlas. If we were actually going to do a revote—which still isn't as just as awarding the runner-up the prize, but fine—there never should have been renominating. Let people vote from that original batch of songs. If people were that opposed to "Paranoid," there were, like, fifteen other choices from that first round of nominations. I mean, I'd grudgingly accept "Paranoid" losing to one of those, but one that wasn't even considered the first time is really shitty.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Doc and Olaf and others have already stated the case quite well.

The second poll was bogus as it included several nonsense options.

However in the end I understand this to be 101's vision and that Paranoid doesn't fit his vision.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That goes back to the people’s decision to re start round 2 from scratch.
Paranoid lost a head to head with Bodies but you you can’t assume that all 18 votes were for Bodies, some of those votes were because the voter didn’t want Paranoid to win.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:29pm

However in the end I understand this to be 101's vision and that Paranoid doesn't fit his vision.
My personal opinion didn’t come in to it I gave Parsnoid every chance snd even voted for it in this last poll.
I had no control over Paranoid losing other than not giving them the free win.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That goes back to the people’s decision to re start round 2 from scratch.
Paranoid lost a head to head with Bodies but you you can’t assume that all 18 votes were for Bodies, some of those votes were because the voter didn’t want Paranoid to win.
Sure, I can buy that. Then let those anti-"Paranoid" votes coalesce around the other nominations from the first time around. "Another Girl" won by the rules, no doubt, but let's not pretend that this was anything but an effort to keep "Paranoid" from winning. In the words of Joe Strummer, ¡Cuba!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:33pm
revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 6:29pm

My personal opinion didn’t come in to it I gave Parsnoid every chance snd even voted for it in this last poll.
I had no control over Paranoid losing other than not giving them the free win.
Ummmmm...
All I said was the 2nd poll was bogus and i graciously accept the outcome.