The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Side 1, Track 1 - Round 2

Poll ended at 05 Jul 2020, 4:25pm

Blondie, "Hanging On the Telephone"
13
65%
Kate Bush, "Running Up That Hill"
3
15%
The Go-Go's, "Our Lips Are Sealed"
4
20%
The Slits, "Instant Hit"
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 20

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89332
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Top two finishers of the previous round's two votes move on. Each person gets one vote this time. Top two finishers (including ties) move on unless one song wins more than 50% (and thereby wins its place on the album). In the unlikely event of a four-way tie, I'll pick which song *doesn't* move on (i.e., three songs will move on).
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Heston »

Love the Blondie song but went for the Go-Gos as it's not a cover.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13072
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

All good songs but I dont think any are good openers.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:50pm
All good songs but I dont think any are good openers.
Well I think Blondie is the perfect opener with that ringing phone and short acapella intro. I unfortunately never considered that before I voted.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13072
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:50pm
All good songs but I dont think any are good openers.
Well I think Blondie is the perfect opener with that ringing phone and short acapella intro. I unfortunately never considered that before I voted.
Its what I voted for but I know my own preference is for a strong kick down the door and punch in the face for an opening track.

And track 2 doesn't let up. Breather on 3.

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by oliver »

Have to go with Blondie even though it will scupper 'One Way or Another' or 'Picture This'
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:50pm
All good songs but I dont think any are good openers.
Well I think Blondie is the perfect opener with that ringing phone and short acapella intro. I unfortunately never considered that before I voted.
Its what I voted for but I know my own preference is for a strong kick down the door and punch in the face for an opening track.

And track 2 doesn't let up. Breather on 3.
That Blondie song kicks ass!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2344
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Low Down Low »

Just listened to the go gos. Really dig the bass line. Overall think i prefer at least two others to it though.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:50pm
All good songs but I dont think any are good openers.
Well I think Blondie is the perfect opener with that ringing phone and short acapella intro. I unfortunately never considered that before I voted.
Its what I voted for but I know my own preference is for a strong kick down the door and punch in the face for an opening track.

And track 2 doesn't let up. Breather on 3.
Now everyone agrees with me 🙄
I went with Blondie, not because it is one of their better tracks for inclusion, but as Heston said it does make a good album opener.

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Olaf »

I went with Blondie mainly to get them out of the way.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13072
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 5:45am
I went with Blondie mainly to get them out of the way.
LOL.

I think they have way better songs and there will be some buyers remorse

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 9:21am
Olaf wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 5:45am
I went with Blondie mainly to get them out of the way.
LOL.

I think they have way better songs and there will be some buyers remorse
Not me. It’s my favorite Blondie song. And yes, I know it’s a cover.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4758
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by daredevil »

Voted for The Go-Go's. I love the band and the song.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13072
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 9:44am
revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 9:21am
Olaf wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 5:45am
I went with Blondie mainly to get them out of the way.
LOL.

I think they have way better songs and there will be some buyers remorse
Not me. It’s my favorite Blondie song. And yes, I know it’s a cover.
Nothing wrong with covers and if its your favorite its your favorite. I much prefer call Me or One Way or Another, or Dreaming, Tide is High, Contact in Red Square...

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 1 Vote - Round 2

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 11:52am
Wolter wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 9:44am
revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 9:21am
Olaf wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 5:45am
I went with Blondie mainly to get them out of the way.
LOL.

I think they have way better songs and there will be some buyers remorse
Not me. It’s my favorite Blondie song. And yes, I know it’s a cover.
Nothing wrong with covers and if its your favorite its your favorite. I much prefer call Me or One Way or Another, or Dreaming, Tide is High, Contact in Red Square...
Those are all good, but only One Way is a contender for a better song for me out of those.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply