The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Side 1, Track 2 - Part B

Poll ended at 09 Jul 2020, 4:59pm

Lene Lovich, "Lucky Number"
20%
Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone"
3%
Kate Bush, "Hounds of Love"
14%
X, "Motel Room In My Bed"
9%
Sneaker Pimp, "Tesko Suicide"
6%
Chumbawamba, "Timebomb"
17%
Aretha Franklin, "Money Won't Change You"
9%
Bow Wow Wow, "Do You Wanna Hold Me?"
9%
Tom Tom Club, "Genius of Love"
14%

Total votes: 35

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Apologies for the fuck up on S1T2 Round 1b. This is the real poll. The other one doesn't count.

Two votes per person, top two (including any tie for the top two) move on unless one wins more than 50%. Picks were arranged this time alphabetically by nominator.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Post by Flex »

As said in the thread of the damned, voting Chumbawmba and Aretha. Top songs.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 1b (VOTE IN THIS ONE!)

Post by matedog »

I think I've only I heard the KC song (which is undoubtedly the best), so I'm only doing one vote. Doc, you could have left the old poll up.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:00pm
As said in the thread of the damned, voting Chumbawmba and Aretha. Top songs.
Flex knows!!

Also...
matedog wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:02pm
I think I've only I heard the KC song (which is undoubtedly the best), so I'm only doing one vote. Doc, you could have left the old poll up.
WTF, give some others a spin at least for fuck sake.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

matedog wrote:
Same here, though it's shit.

Will review them all tomorrow and get back to you.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:21pm
matedog wrote:

There's a good man.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I really dig the Chumbawamba song after hearing the album earlier this year on Rev's recommendation. I'm going with that and Lene Lovich.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 8:09pm
I really dig the Chumbawamba song after hearing the album earlier this year on Rev's recommendation. I'm going with that and Lene Lovich.
Rev Heston reporting for duty.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Killing me to not show respect to the queen, but just had to go with Lene and that ridiculously catchy Tom Tom Club number.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Kate Bush and Tom Tom Club

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:21pm
matedog wrote:

Hello,

A suggestion: when nominating a song/artist, post a youtube link to the song. A well-educated electorate produces the best results.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 11:29pm
A suggestion: when nominating a song/artist, post a youtube link to the song. A well-educated electorate produces the best results.
Fully endorse this and will recommend it when I start new nomination threads.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:31am
gkbill wrote:
Yeah this has been what I have been doing. There's a lot of music out there and I haven't heard of a lot of this stuff before or I might know the artist and not the song. And even then I haven't heard a Go Gos song in forever so it helps to have a quick refresher. How I felt about a song 30 years ago wont necessarily be the same way I feel now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Yeah this has been what I have been doing. There's a lot of music out there and I haven't heard of a lot of this stuff before or I might know the artist and not the song. And even then I haven't heard a Go Gos song in forever so it helps to have a quick refresher. How I felt about a song 30 years ago wont necessarily be the same way I feel now.
Heston sees an opening to getting you into Spandau Ballet!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:14am
revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Heston sees an opening to getting you into Spandau Ballet!
HA!

He'd have an easier time getting me to play golf.