The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post Reply

S1T2 - Final Round

Poll ended at 13 Jul 2020, 6:54pm

ABBA, "Dancing Queen"
7
37%
The Breeders, "Cannonball"
12
63%
 
Total votes: 19

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89332
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, the top two from the last round—ABBA and The Breeders—finished in a dead heat—which is how I expected this vote to go—but only secured 33% of the vote each. Each person gets one vote each. The poll is open for 48 hours. Unless there are recriminations from the ABBA and Breeders voters, it comes down to where the Lene Lovich and Chumbawamba voters want to go now. Lobby, advocate, and bribe to get your side over 50%.

Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2029
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I'm putting my vote up on ebay.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by 101Walterton »

I hope this is gonna be a double album 😂

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89332
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
I hope this is gonna be a double album 😂
I actually have secret plans and you're not far off … :shifty:
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
Hello,

I'm putting my vote up on ebay.
I've already messaged you. Hello3426, isn't It?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2029
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:35pm
gkbill wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
Hello,

I'm putting my vote up on ebay.
I've already messaged you. Hello3426, isn't It?
Hello,

No. Knowledge of my username is up on ebay as well.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:44pm
Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:35pm
gkbill wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:56pm
Hello,

I'm putting my vote up on ebay.
I've already messaged you. Hello3426, isn't It?
Hello,

No. Knowledge of my username is up on ebay as well.
:lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21956
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by matedog »

Wife and I just got into it about this but I’m holding steady with Breeders. There’s just a lot more for me with that song. Also Since U Been Gone going nowhere kinda undermines the legitimacy of this whole endeavor.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:47pm
Wife and I just got into it about this but I’m holding steady with Breeders. There’s just a lot more for me with that song. Also Since U Been Gone going nowhere kinda undermines the legitimacy of this whole endeavor.
The only Since You Been Gone that means shit is by Rainbow.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13074
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:56pm
matedog wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:47pm
Wife and I just got into it about this but I’m holding steady with Breeders. There’s just a lot more for me with that song. Also Since U Been Gone going nowhere kinda undermines the legitimacy of this whole endeavor.
The only Since You Been Gone that means shit is by Rainbow.
And the only Rainbow that means shit is sung by Dio.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 9:03pm
Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:56pm
matedog wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 7:47pm
Wife and I just got into it about this but I’m holding steady with Breeders. There’s just a lot more for me with that song. Also Since U Been Gone going nowhere kinda undermines the legitimacy of this whole endeavor.
The only Since You Been Gone that means shit is by Rainbow.
And the only Rainbow that means shit is sung by Dio.
Wrong.

The best Rainbow song is the Dio-era Lady of the Lake, but Since You've Been Gone and All Night Long are crucial tracks.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29242
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Flex »

I'm very, very honestly going to spend some time with both songs and make a decision.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Wolter »

Voting against Kim Deal in anything just seems criminal. That and Cannonball is good as hell.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:46pm
I'm very, very honestly going to spend some time with both songs and make a decision.
You know I’ve never ONCE played the 90s card. EVER. But this is one of the few genuinely blessed songs from that decade.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29242
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 2 Vote - Round 3

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:47pm
Flex wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:46pm
I'm very, very honestly going to spend some time with both songs and make a decision.
You know I’ve never ONCE played the 90s card. EVER. But this is one of the few genuinely blessed songs from that decade.
Not enough Dave
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply