The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19080
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:47am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Wrong.
I actually like that Adele album, but that song is bad.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6290
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:25am
Mimi wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:47am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Wrong.
I actually like that Adele album, but that song is bad.
I'm okay with Adele, but I agree. That song is shit.

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:39pm
(See, isn't this better than the last poll, where disputes were settled based on who could supply certain nameless parties with the proper amount of sheep porn?) :shifty:
Yeah, but that's only because we haven"t had a tie yet. And Sasquatch porn is kinda hard to find.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Im gonna go on record saying Adele sucks. No pills for 5 days so Im reverting to form

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89402
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:39pm
(See, isn't this better than the last poll, where disputes were settled based on who could supply certain nameless parties with the proper amount of sheep porn?) :shifty:
Yeah, but that's only because we haven"t had a tie yet. And Sasquatch porn is kinda hard to find.
Well, looks like you've already given up arguing your case then.

Apropos of nothing, moose porn is pretty good, too.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33711
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Uhh ...raises hand.

It could be good with a different delivery/arrangement/production.
I can't really see the problem with any of those things. It's not a song I would voluntarily play but it has an organic production which is absolutely fine.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:35am
Olaf wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:39pm
(See, isn't this better than the last poll, where disputes were settled based on who could supply certain nameless parties with the proper amount of sheep porn?) :shifty:
Yeah, but that's only because we haven"t had a tie yet. And Sasquatch porn is kinda hard to find.
Well, looks like you've already given up arguing your case then.

Apropos of nothing, moose porn is pretty good, too.
Duly noted.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:50am
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Uhh ...raises hand.

It could be good with a different delivery/arrangement/production.
I can't really see the problem with any of those things. It's not a song I would voluntarily play but it has an organic production which is absolutely fine.
Yeah I understand why you feel that way.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46642
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:19am
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Uhh ...raises hand.

It could be good with a different delivery/arrangement/production/lyrics/singer/well everything.
Im trying to be a newer/nicer me. Turning over a new leaf and all that...
Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Flex »

I'm not going to speak too ill of Adele, she's fine, but she really popularized a singing style where vocalists just blow the fuck out of their lungs and give themselves bad vocal chord damage and I think her trying to actually go a bit more retro with her vocal performances would actually sound better.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:33pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:19am
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 7:53am
Nothing wrong with the Adele song. If it had been made in 1968 everybody would fawning over it.
Uhh ...raises hand.

It could be good with a different delivery/arrangement/production/lyrics/singer/well everything.
Im trying to be a newer/nicer me. Turning over a new leaf and all that...
Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Not even a new and improved one?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46642
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:33pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:19am
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 8:36am


Uhh ...raises hand.

It could be good with a different delivery/arrangement/production/lyrics/singer/well everything.
Im trying to be a newer/nicer me. Turning over a new leaf and all that...
Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Not even a new and improved one?
A refined one?
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:15pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:33pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:19am
Im trying to be a newer/nicer me. Turning over a new leaf and all that...
Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Not even a new and improved one?
A refined one?
Yeah who am I kidding.

I have made an effort to be less negative and knee jerk about some stuff (Adele).

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33711
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:15pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:33pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 9:22am


Im trying to be a newer/nicer me. Turning over a new leaf and all that...
Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Not even a new and improved one?
A refined one?
Yeah who am I kidding.

I have made an effort to be less negative and knee jerk about some stuff (Adele).
There are so many worthier targets than her.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 1 Track 5 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 2:15pm
revbob wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:33pm


Don't give up the day job. This place needs a Revbob so don't go changing.
Not even a new and improved one?
A refined one?
Yeah who am I kidding.

I have made an effort to be less negative and knee jerk about some stuff (Adele).
There are so many worthier targets than her.
I mostly shoot em as they come up.

Post Reply