The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Side 2, Track 2 - Round 3

Poll ended at 30 Aug 2020, 1:10pm

Garbage, "Stupid Girl"
9
50%
Tracey Ullman, "They Don't Know"
9
50%
 
Total votes: 18

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47232
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:44pm
...and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky German.
Attachments
fa750711-0001-0004-0000-000000383815_w1012_r1.4998125234345707_fpx65.33_fpy49.99.jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I never put anything in the rules about consequences of fraud, knowingly or not—and I don't think for a second believe he was trying to run a con here—so Heston is still eligible to nominate.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22130
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by matedog »

I didn't even know the woman that had the show where she wore goofy fake teeth and the Simpsons shorts aired also had a music career. England is a peculiar country.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47232
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:51pm
I didn't even know the woman that had the show where she wore goofy fake teeth and the Simpsons shorts aired also had a music career. England is a peculiar country.
I think she is well and truly your problem now. :mrgreen:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2405
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Low Down Low »

Kind of half remember her from some bog standard comedy show back in the day but had never seen her in anything, had pretty much forgotten her existence, until that Mrs America thing recently. Thought she was pretty good in that tbf.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47232
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Honestly, outside her Simpsons connection and one-hit wonder status here, I know dick all about her.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47232
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Marky Dread »

:idea: w
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Honestly, outside her Simpsons connection and one-hit wonder status here, I know dick all about her.
Ain't missing nothing as far as I can see mate.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:10pm
:idea: w
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Honestly, outside her Simpsons connection and one-hit wonder status here, I know dick all about her.
Ain't missing nothing as far as I can see mate.
Yeah, I've never heard about her in the context of someone I'm missing out on.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 34147
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:10pm
:idea: w
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:57pm
She still gets a small percentage of Simpsons profit, doesn't she? I imagine that would be the main source of her income now.
2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Honestly, outside her Simpsons connection and one-hit wonder status here, I know dick all about her.
Ain't missing nothing as far as I can see mate.
Yeah, I've never heard about her in the context of someone I'm missing out on.
Listen to Breakaway if you get a spare 3 minutes. Excellent song in the 60s girl group tradition.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:10pm
:idea: w
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:04pm


2017-18 Tracey Breaks the News.

Was total crap.
Honestly, outside her Simpsons connection and one-hit wonder status here, I know dick all about her.
Ain't missing nothing as far as I can see mate.
Yeah, I've never heard about her in the context of someone I'm missing out on.
Listen to Breakaway if you get a spare 3 minutes. Excellent song in the 60s girl group tradition.
It was … okay. I wouldn't turn the dial or whatever, but it didn't wow me.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 2 Vote - (The Real) Round 3

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 5:44pm
...and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky German.
Result! :mrgreen:

Post Reply