The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:08pm
I posted the original CD release track listing earlier, Track 8!!!
Doesn't matter.
7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version.
There are vinyl or cassette versions, hence the cd track listing is irrelevant.
Even though the CD was the origin release not the vinyl????

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16053
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Silent Majority »

I think it would be cool if we could stop being a swarm of bees on this one and let it slide off into the past.
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90364
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 3:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:08pm
I posted the original CD release track listing earlier, Track 8!!!
Doesn't matter.
7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version.
There are vinyl or cassette versions, hence the cd track listing is irrelevant.
Even though the CD was the origin release not the vinyl????
Doesn't matter. The rationale is quite simple: Our compilation is adopting the standard of a piece of vinyl or cassette, with two physical sides, rather than a cd with a single list of songs. So we're privileging the same media unless there's no other option. Release dates don't matter a whit. If discogs lists at least one vinyl or cassette release, that's the standard for that album.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90364
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 5:24am
I think it would be cool if we could stop being a swarm of bees on this one and let it slide off into the past.
It'd be nice, yes …
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 6:42am
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 5:24am
I think it would be cool if we could stop being a swarm of bees on this one and let it slide off into the past.
It'd be nice, yes …
The Pollster must earn his stripes!!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 34193
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 3:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:08pm
I posted the original CD release track listing earlier, Track 8!!!
Doesn't matter.
7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version.
There are vinyl or cassette versions, hence the cd track listing is irrelevant.
Even though the CD was the origin release not the vinyl????
I find it hard to believe the CD was the original release in 1983?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90364
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 6:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 6:42am
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 5:24am
I think it would be cool if we could stop being a swarm of bees on this one and let it slide off into the past.
It'd be nice, yes …
The Pollster must earn his stripes!!
:lol: What I've learned is that you lot don't read speed limit signs and then argue with the cop when you get pulled over.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk
Posts: 113
Joined: 05 Oct 2015, 10:29am

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by AudioAmmunition »

The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket


revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13958
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 7:30am
101Walterton wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 3:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:08pm
I posted the original CD release track listing earlier, Track 8!!!
Doesn't matter.
7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version.
There are vinyl or cassette versions, hence the cd track listing is irrelevant.
Even though the CD was the origin release not the vinyl????
I find it hard to believe the CD was the original release in 1983?
Its even harder to believe this hasn't been put to rest yet. 101 seems more aggrieved than you by all this.
Its as if there's some sort of conspiracy where people are out to get him or something.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90364
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 8:01am
Its even harder to believe this hasn't been put to rest yet. 101 seems more aggrieved than you by all this.
Its as if there's some sort of conspiracy where people are out to get him or something.
It's to Heston's advantage that 101W is trying to muddy the waters. He just might be able to slip out of town before the mob strings him up.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5455
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 7:30am
101Walterton wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 3:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:08pm
I posted the original CD release track listing earlier, Track 8!!!
Doesn't matter.
7b. Vinyl or cassette track listings are the standard sources. If there is no vinyl or cassette version, “side two” will consider tracks 7–12 on the cd version.
There are vinyl or cassette versions, hence the cd track listing is irrelevant.
Even though the CD was the origin release not the vinyl????
I find it hard to believe the CD was the original release in 1983?
Thank God we have rule 7b to avoid that exact discussion!

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5455
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:00pm
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:50pm
The song is tainted... by Hestons taint.
The album does have a title now, tho …
I could get behind that.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22176
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by matedog »

I screwed up with my previous choice and was going to pick Maps, but Discogs says that was Side 2, track 2. No worries, this song is still a behemoth and one of the most fucked up videos I've ever seen:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90364
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IMHO, this has been among the better batch of nominees.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5455
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Nominations

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:11am
IMHO, this has been among the better batch of nominees.
Which probably means Tracey's gonna win.

Post Reply