50%

Total votes: 18

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 5:12pm
To clarify, I think Y Control is so much more of an exciting and interesting song. The guitar riffs are really unorthodox and Brian Chase is a ridiculously good drummer and really shines on here with those syncopated accents on the 16th note hi hats and four on the floor bass drums, but isn't too much of a muso to throw in the 60s rock beat ("That Thing You Do" beat if you will). Karen doesn't shine as much on this one since it's in her lower, weaker register, but that "Wish I could buy back the woman you stole" is a great lyric.

Anyway, why am I arguing for this after it already lost?
Because we honour the dead who went unnecessarily.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 5:12pm
To clarify, I think Y Control is so much more of an exciting and interesting song. The guitar riffs are really unorthodox and Brian Chase is a ridiculously good drummer and really shines on here with those syncopated accents on the 16th note hi hats and four on the floor bass drums, but isn't too much of a muso to throw in the 60s rock beat ("That Thing You Do" beat if you will). Karen doesn't shine as much on this one since it's in her lower, weaker register, but that "Wish I could buy back the woman you stole" is a great lyric.

Anyway, why am I arguing for this after it already lost?
Yeah you could make a great comp from the songs that haven't won that's where the really good stuff is .