59%

Total votes: 17

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 3 Vote - Round 3

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 6:53am
I could restart this round with "Groove is in the Heart" as a substitute.
For fairness I think you should, or start from scratch. Otherwise you'll never know how the strategic voting went for and against the nominations in the earlier rounds. This round is bigger than Belarus!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Toppers Boppers wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 7:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
For fairness I think you should, or start from scratch. Otherwise you'll never know how the strategic voting went for and against the nominations in the earlier rounds. This round is bigger than Belarus!
If the Pretenders hadn't performed so strongly, I would have. But it almost won the competition in the second round (only Blondie did that). That's suggestive that it was going to win regardless.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 8:08am
Toppers Boppers wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If the Pretenders hadn't performed so strongly, I would have. But it almost won the competition in the second round (only Blondie did that). That's suggestive that it was going to win regardless.
Hmmm, if The Interupters hadn't run I'm guessing 'Y Control' would have done a whole lot better early on and later strategy voting could have gone in several directions - a YYY v. Deee-lite final in a parallel universe perhaps. Don't get me wrong, more than happy that The Pretenders' BIP did well. I will never mention Lukashenko in the context of this round ever again :shifty: Plus I know what a pain in the derriere this whole shebang must be for ya Doc.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Toppers Boppers wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 8:08am
Toppers Boppers wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hmmm, if The Interupters hadn't run I'm guessing 'Y Control' would have done a whole lot better early on and later strategy voting could have gone in several directions - a YYY v. Deee-lite final in a parallel universe perhaps. Don't get me wrong, more than happy that The Pretenders' BIP did well. I will never mention Lukashenko in the context of this round ever again :shifty: Plus I know what a pain in the derriere this whole shebang must be for ya Doc.
It's quite possible that a different constellation would have led to a different final result, but I'm also mindful of the craziness that ensued from the "Paranoia" debacle. Giving songs that didn't succeed previously another shot would produce complaints of unfair second chances.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The fault in all this is ultimately mine in that I didn't specify in the rules about what to do when, after voting begins, we discover an ineligible song. It honestly didn't come to mind. One way of dealing with it going forward is to ask people to also post a discogs link that demonstrates the nomination's validity. That's just a suggestion, tho, as that starts seeming like work in the pejorative sense, whereas this is just a game.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 8:55pm
revbob wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 8:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 8:17pm
Mimi wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 7:27pm
I'm holding onto my vote till the last minute. :shifty:
Don't be a revbob and forget to vote. Nobody wants that chaos again. Because of revbob.
It was my inaction that led to Heston being exposed as the fraudster he is.
Indirectly. It was Olaf's suspicions that Heston was grifting that exposed him for the small-pox blanket trader he is in his heart.
It was mere curiosity rather than suspicion. I guess Germans just shouldn't take days off from work.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 1:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 7:27pm
I'm holding onto my vote till the last minute. :shifty:
Don't be a revbob and forget to vote. Nobody wants that chaos again. Because of revbob.
Indirectly. It was Olaf's suspicions that Heston was grifting that exposed him for the small-pox blanket trader he is in his heart.
It was mere curiosity rather than suspicion. I guess Germans just shouldn't take days off from work.
I note that you don't rebut my comment that you thought Heston might be grifting. :shifty:

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 1:18pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I note that you don't rebut my comment that you thought Heston might be grifting. :shifty:
Well, a guy who routinely steals guitars...
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Edit. Thought it was Rev who nominated the Interrupters.
Last edited by Heston on 07 Sep 2020, 1:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 1:18pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Well, a guy who routinely steals guitars...
Only from rich people... :shifty:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I think I nominated the Interrupters so it's my bad. I just went to allmusic.com and used the #9 song on their second album (figuring 6 sides for side one). I don't go to discogs to check - just allmusic.com I'm sorry for my error but that's how I figured the song was appropriate.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 1:32pm
Edit. Thought it was Rev who nominated the Interrupters.
Uh... not this time. I nominated a rockabilly chick, Tammi Savoy.
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 3:33pm
And I'll put this one out there too. Tammi Savoy with a cover of Billie Holiday's "Them There Eyes"

I supported the Interrupters nomination though as did others. I think it was an honest mistake.