Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 5 Nominations

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 5:54pm
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 5:49pm
What the male album exercise proved to me (though I probably would have guessed) is that there is no platonically perfect Track 5 out there that makes it a brilliant Track 5 to follow on from a platonically perfect Track 4. The male album (and I've listened to it a few times while working) sounds like garbage, with the transition from one song to another consistently jarring. Now, us playlist pedants could probably order the songs in such a way to cut down on that, but this whole thing is definitely more about the journey than the destination.
Very nicely put. It's about the conversation and the snark—that's the community right there. The results are the souvenir of our long night out at the bar together. The results make no sense but it's what we cobbled together nonetheless.
Oh for sure. It was never being sold as the most perfect comp. It was always going to be disjointed. Also do this thing 6 months from now and the tracklisting would change. The fun element of all this banter has not been wasted. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
What the male album exercise proved to me (though I probably would have guessed) is that there is no platonically perfect Track 5 out there that makes it a brilliant Track 5 to follow on from a platonically perfect Track 4. The male album (and I've listened to it a few times while working) sounds like garbage, with the transition from one song to another consistently jarring. Now, us playlist pedants could probably order the songs in such a way to cut down on that, but this whole thing is definitely more about the journey than the destination.
Very nicely put. It's about the conversation and the snark—that's the community right there. The results are the souvenir of our long night out at the bar together. The results make no sense but it's what we cobbled together nonetheless.
Oh for sure. It was never being sold as the most perfect comp. It was always going to be disjointed. Also do this thing 6 months from now and the tracklisting would change. The fun element of all this banter has not been wasted. :approve:
Yeah, maybe to include Paranoid.

To be honest I only recall the first track (Blitzkrieg Bop) that we came up with.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

To be honest I only recall the first track (Blitzkrieg Bop) that we came up with.
12 x Blitzkrieg Bops. That'll do nicely. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

I'll take the vinyl version.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I was trying to hold this thought back but now seems a good time to state I wouldn't buy the Women's comp.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 7:09pm
Hello,

I was trying to hold this thought back but now seems a good time to state I wouldn't buy the Women's comp.
Yeah nor the other one either.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:13am
daredevil wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 1:12am
Sleater=Kinney Things You Say
Sorry, that's Side 2, Track 4 of the vinyl version.
My fault, I didn't know there was an LP. I'll see if I can pick another track.
Last edited by daredevil on 16 Sep 2020, 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Hole - Playing Your Song

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

daredevil wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 9:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:13am
daredevil wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 1:12am
Sleater=Kinney Things You Say
Sorry, that's Side 2, Track 4 of the vinyl version.
My fault, I didn't know there was an LP. I'll see if I can find pick another track.

I meant to edit this post not "Quote" oh well, see above for my pick

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 7:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'll take the vinyl version.
I would buy it if it was a RSD release on picture disc. With a very grumpy looking Dr. Medulla on one side and a picture of Heston in full KISS make-up on the flip.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

JennyB wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 11:55am
I'll go with this, then.

Great 2nd choice Jenny, still have this on 7" and on a CD Anthology and saw them live in 1981. I had Germ Free down as my 2nd choice for previous round (and it may have done better than my choice of The Slits) and hoped someone else would have nominated Germ Free but no luck. Still there's 2 more rounds and a couple more good X-Ray Spex tracks to consider.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 5:21am
JennyB wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 11:55am
I'll go with this, then.

Great 2nd choice Jenny, still have this on 7" and on a CD Anthology and saw them live in 1981. I had Germ Free down as my 2nd choice for previous round (and it may have done better than my choice of The Slits) and hoped someone else would have nominated Germ Free but no luck. Still there's 2 more rounds and a couple more good X-Ray Spex tracks to consider.
Agreed! And jealous that you saw the Au Pairs live.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy