The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 6 Nominations

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 6 Nominations

Post by revbob »

Well if everyone wasn't voting for Disco Duck and shit Spex would already be in.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:12pm
Well if everyone wasn't voting for Disco Duck and shit Spex would already be in.
What have you got against Disco Duck?. I know for sure that doc works out to that every night.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I seem to be in the small minority that doesn't like X Ray Spex. Musically excellent, but sorry, just cant get away with the vocals.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:19pm
I seem to be in the small minority that doesn't like X Ray Spex. Musically excellent, but sorry, just cant get away with the vocals.
I can understand that totally. For me though it was those vocals that gave the Spex their uniqueness. Just like the Pistols with Rotten. In the 70s this was a huge victory over all the Bonnie Tyler types of female singers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:26pm
Heston wrote:
I can understand that totally. For me though it was those vocals that gave the Spex their uniqueness. Just like the Pistols with Rotten. In the 70s this was a huge victory over all the Bonnie Tyler types of female singers.
Yeah totally. I can see what she brings to the table but it's just not for me personally.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah I know we're a disco board and all but part of the appeal of punk was that it was open to anyone. You didn't have to be a virtuoso musician etc, nor what had previously been recognized as a good rock singer.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah I know we're a disco board and all but part of the appeal of punk was that it was open to anyone. You didn't have to be a virtuoso musician etc, nor what had previously been recognized as a good rock singer.
Yeah, I obviously get all that but sometimes a voice just doesn't do it for you.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:42pm
revbob wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 3:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah, I obviously get all that but sometimes a voice just doesn't do it for you.
Yeah I accept that.