47%
X-Ray Spex, "The Day The World Turned Day-Glo"
53%

Total votes: 17

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 6 Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not a huge surprise which two made it to the final round. Hard to handicap this one, tho, as I suspect there were several people who picked both the Interruptors and X-Ray Spex. So even tho the two finalists were tied, the final vote won't just be made up of those five who supported also-rans, but some who'll have to abandon one of those their choices from the past round.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - Side 2 Track 6 Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 1:00pm
Not a huge surprise which two made it to the final round. Hard to handicap this one, tho, as I suspect there were several people who picked both the Interruptors and X-Ray Spex. So even tho the two finalists were tied, the final vote won't just be made up of those five who supported also-rans, but some who'll have to abandon one of those their choices from the past round.
At least it won't be another disco song.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 1:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
To be fair, there's only one disco song that's made the final listing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 1:19pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hmm I thought there was 2

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Well, that's only 1 too many.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 4:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Well, that's only 1 too many.
Oh you!

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Dayglo one of their best, Poly an undeniable icon...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just a quick note that I'll be in class when the vote is scheduled to end, so it'll be a few hours after that before we either do nominations for the final track—the non-album song—or, in the event of a tie, consider arguments for both contenders.

edit: With less than an hour to go, it's tied. If that's where it ends up—damn you all to hell!—go ahead and post your arguments for your preference and I'll make my decision tomorrow. Remember that "They Don't Know" won last time both by SM's argument and the fact that Garbage didn't receive the same kind of effort. If you don't show up for your side, even a half-assed statement for the other song will carry the day. It isn't about my preference, but about how well you can persuade that yours is stronger.