The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 1a - VOTE IN THIS ONE NOT THE OTHER

Flexi Disc - 1a

Poll ended at 03 Oct 2020, 4:41pm

Aimee Mann, "Save Me"
9%
Gloria Jones, "Tainted Love"
32%
Huggy Bear, "Her Jazz"
9%
In Tua Nua, "Coming Thru"
No votes
Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, "I Can't Dance To That Music You're Playin'"
14%
Patti Smith, "Piss Factory"
36%

Total votes: 22

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 1a - VOTE IN THIS ONE NOT THE OTHER

Post by Heston »

Fucking Slayer pfft. And i get stick for KISS.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 1a - VOTE IN THIS ONE NOT THE OTHER

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 10:55am
revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 10:47am
expect the unexpected.
can't wait for those revbob-approved kelly clarkson deep cuts
It will be at the top of everyone's holiday wish list.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

With apologies to Patti Smith, the punk rock song in this grouping is getting trounced. And in the other, HK Garden is in 3rd place.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Voted for Patti

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

drowninghere wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 1:49pm
With apologies to Patti Smith, the punk rock song in this grouping is getting trounced. And in the other, HK Garden is in 3rd place.
This is a disco board.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 8:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 7:58am
Heston wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 7:38am
Sometimes the voting never ceases to astound me.
Yet, as a whole, this record reflects Hestonia more than, say, revbobland.
Ok now I HAVE to release my own version of this album...

This may take a while but it will happen. Ive got the cover art figured out already.
Yeah, me too...
Attachments
Batw.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Are we gonna duets after this????

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 5:55pm
Yes, Doc is surely up for it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:
I look forward to my post-game-running career of sniping at hosts again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 6:26pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Four More Years!... Four More Years! ...

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

After all's said and done with this album, would an MTV/80's pop board have a different track listing? This used to be a Clash board. No Joan Jett, No Suzi Quatro, no Interrupters, no Bow Wow Wow, no Pretenders, no Selecter, no Slits (I'm missing a few here as well) but Donna Summer is here. No offense to Donna Summer but her place shouldn't be here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 11:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 6:26pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Four More Years!... Four More Years! ...
Re-elect me and you will see rules like you've never seen before! You will all need personal attorneys even to nominate because of the legal ramifications of error.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 11:58pm
Hello,

After all's said and done with this album, would an MTV/80's pop board have a different track listing? This used to be a Clash board. No Joan Jett, No Suzi Quatro, no Interrupters, no Bow Wow Wow, no Pretenders, no Selecter, no Slits (I'm missing a few here as well) but Donna Summer is here. No offense to Donna Summer but her place shouldn't be here.
Pretenders are on board. I don't agree that Donna Summer shouldn't be here. As a Clash board they were a band that embraced all styles and this comp reflects that.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 7:02am
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Pretenders are on board. I don't agree that Donna Summer shouldn't be here. As a Clash board they were a band that embraced all styles and this comp reflects that.
Yep, pretty sure Joe and Mick were soaking up the vibe at Studio 54 before writing Mag 7, Radio Clash 12" and Overpowered by Funk.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Toppers Boppers wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 7:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 7:02am
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Yep, pretty sure Joe and Mick were soaking up the vibe at Studio 54 before writing Mag 7, Radio Clash 12" and Overpowered by Funk.
Exactly mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia