The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post Reply

Flexi Disc - Round 2

Poll ended at 05 Oct 2020, 4:48pm

The Crystals, "Da Doo Ron Ron"
1
7%
Gloria Jones, "Tainted Love"
4
29%
Siouxsie & the Banshees, "Hong Kong Garden"
5
36%
Patti Smith, "Piss Factory"
4
29%
 
Total votes: 14

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94308
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very surprised that The Interrupters didn't even make it to the semis this time. Even the Buffalo Bills stopped making the Super Bowl, I guess. Instead, you've annointed a 60s Phil Spector girl group classic, one New York and one London punk song from the 70s, and that great slice of northern soul best known as a Clash cover on their seminal album Napster. Our very last Round 2 begins … now.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 30250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Flex »

Sticking with Piss Factory. It's a great work, both brilliantly realized and of major historical importance.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 54664
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 5:21pm
Sticking with Piss Factory. It's a great work, both brilliantly realized and of major historical importance.
Fist bump.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15850
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 5:21pm
Sticking with Piss Factory. It's a great work, both brilliantly realized and of major historical importance.
Yeah. This would feel like a win

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36111
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Heston »

As a lover of a well crafted song, it's Siouxsie for me. One of those moments where pop and new wave combined perfectly. Dynamite production too.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6626
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Mimi »

Heston wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 8:46pm
As a lover of a well crafted song, it's Siouxsie for me. One of those moments where pop and new wave combined perfectly. Dynamite production too.
I agree. This song is strong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94308
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15850
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Ive done my civic duty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94308
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Ive done my civic duty
If you got on an anarchist bus, you could vote again, you know.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15850
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:26pm
revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Ive done my civic duty
If you got on an anarchist bus, you could vote again, you know.
Bus?
I fly 1st class on Anarchist Air.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94308
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:26pm
revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Ive done my civic duty
If you got on an anarchist bus, you could vote again, you know.
Bus?
I fly 1st class on Anarchist Air.
Oh, look at trust fund radical. Throws his brick and then darts into his Lexus.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply