36%
Patti Smith, "Piss Factory"
29%

Total votes: 14

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very surprised that The Interrupters didn't even make it to the semis this time. Even the Buffalo Bills stopped making the Super Bowl, I guess. Instead, you've annointed a 60s Phil Spector girl group classic, one New York and one London punk song from the 70s, and that great slice of northern soul best known as a Clash cover on their seminal album Napster. Our very last Round 2 begins … now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Ultimate Women's Album - The Flexi Disc Vote - Round 2

Post by Flex »

Sticking with Piss Factory. It's a great work, both brilliantly realized and of major historical importance.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 5:21pm
Sticking with Piss Factory. It's a great work, both brilliantly realized and of major historical importance.
Fist bump.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 5:21pm
Yeah. This would feel like a win

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

As a lover of a well crafted song, it's Siouxsie for me. One of those moments where pop and new wave combined perfectly. Dynamite production too.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Heston wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 8:46pm
As a lover of a well crafted song, it's Siouxsie for me. One of those moments where pop and new wave combined perfectly. Dynamite production too.
I agree. This song is strong.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
I hope somebody breaks the second-place tie or votes for The Crystals before the clock runs out, because then I'll be making the decision which of the second-place finishers to move on to the final. The reason is that if 1, 2, and 3 move on, we should assume that the results will be the same. If the Crystals get a vote, tho, that one would be applied somewhere else in the next round (presumably). So, unless you want me making the choice for one of the finalists, somebody better step up.
Ive done my civic duty

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ive done my civic duty
If you got on an anarchist bus, you could vote again, you know.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ive done my civic duty
Bus?
I fly 1st class on Anarchist Air.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ive done my civic duty
Bus?
I fly 1st class on Anarchist Air.
Oh, look at trust fund radical. Throws his brick and then darts into his Lexus.