Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

The Final Round

Poll ended at 11 May 2021, 9:26am

Strawberry Fields Forever
35%
She Loves You
65%

Total votes: 17

iso74
Corner Soul

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by iso74 »

I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by JennyB »

iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 6:59pm
I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.
You'll soon learn that we don't actually talk about the Clash here. :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 9:41am
iso74 wrote:

The what now?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

JennyB wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 9:41am
iso74 wrote:

I'm starting to see that! I mean on a Beatles Forum you'd have 6 or 7 rounds just to find the best version of "She Loves You". German Odeon Fake-Stereo vs Japanese Red Wax Mono...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:00pm
Posted to reopen old wounds. :shifty:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone ... 31565.html
Oh great, Doc just had to stir the kettle! :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:00pm
Posted to reopen old wounds. :shifty:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone ... 31565.html
Oh great, Doc just had to stir the kettle! :mrgreen:
Things were quiet, too quiet.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

It's been over a year since we've finished this poll. Is it time to run another insanely long Ultimate Poll?? ;)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 12:12pm
It's been over a year since we've finished this poll. Is it time to run another insanely long Ultimate Poll?? ;)
You first ;)
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 12:12pm
So, by my calculations, if we do The Fall, we might just get it done before we've all passed away.