WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 6:07pm
Okay. We'll start tomorrow morning.

Should we do one LP at a time?

Please Please Me Side A
Please Please Me Side B
With the Beatles Side A
...and so on?

Narrow it down to the best track from each LP for the final round?
What would Pete Best do?
Wait for a vote on the tracks they did with Tony Sheriden?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Beatles Ultimate Survivor Poll?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

dave202 wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 6:27pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 6:07pm
Okay. We'll start tomorrow morning.

Should we do one LP at a time?

Please Please Me Side A
Please Please Me Side B
With the Beatles Side A
...and so on?

Narrow it down to the best track from each LP for the final round?
What would Pete Best do?
Wait for a vote on the tracks they did with Tony Sheriden?
:lol:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 1:57am
How are we doing the medley on side two of Abbey Road? Those individual songs are weird half-sketches mostly , but I love most of that side as a single track that’s just a tremendous outpouring of ideas (kind of like "B-Boy Bouillabaisse")
My favourite Beatles song is the Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End section of the medley. I just see that portion as one song.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 11:46am
Wolter wrote:
How are we doing the medley on side two of Abbey Road? Those individual songs are weird half-sketches mostly , but I love most of that side as a single track that’s just a tremendous outpouring of ideas (kind of like "B-Boy Bouillabaisse")
My favourite Beatles song is the Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End section of the medley. I just see that portion as one song.
That's your favourite Beatles song? That's way more outre than my championing of "You Know My Name."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:12pm
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That's your favourite Beatles song? That's way more outre than my championing of "You Know My Name."
Really? I thought it was recognised as a classic? My next favourite is the definitely well regarded SFF.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:12pm
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Really? I thought it was recognised as a classic? My next favourite is the definitely well regarded SFF.
I can honestly say that you're the first person I've encountered that named anything from Side 2 of AR as their favourite Beatles song.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

It has been 136 days since I proposed this poll. 4 months & 13 days. Thank you all for sticking around & staying engaged for so long.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Tripping last night, I looked into my bathroom mirror and saw first black and white early 60s suited Paul McCartney, mischievous, messy, perhaps a little malevolent. Then, thankfully, a saintly, calming early 60s black and white John Lennon replaced McCartney as the face in the mirror and all was well. He stayed monochrome but melded into Sgt Pepper era Lennon, with the sunglasses and little moustache and I moved on with my night. Neither were photorealistic, but looked like pencil sketch animation.

Gotta be this poll keeping the Beatles in my head on the daily for the last five months.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 5:23am
Tripping last night, I looked into my bathroom mirror and saw first black and white early 60s suited Paul McCartney, mischievous, messy, perhaps a little malevolent. Then, thankfully, a saintly, calming early 60s black and white John Lennon replaced McCartney as the face in the mirror and all was well. He stayed monochrome but melded into Sgt Pepper era Lennon, with the sunglasses and little moustache and I moved on with my night. Neither were photorealistic, but looked like pencil sketch animation.

Gotta be this poll keeping the Beatles in my head on the daily for the last five months.
Nobody ever hallucinates seeing Jimmy Nichol. :meh:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 7:22am
Silent Majority wrote:

Had to look him up - if a convention circuit had existed in the seventies, he could have had a decent chatting career, like George Lazenby.

Considering I got some mocking Dionysian vibes, still pleasant but with a slightly dark aftertaste from Paul, I found it interesting that my subconscious had taken in the John Lennon peaceful icon myth at the expense of my knowing intellectually he was a damaged bully.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Had to look him up - if a convention circuit had existed in the seventies, he could have had a decent chatting career, like George Lazenby.

Considering I got some mocking Dionysian vibes, still pleasant but with a slightly dark aftertaste from Paul, I found it interesting that my subconscious had taken in the John Lennon peaceful icon myth at the expense of my knowing intellectually he was a damaged bully.
Perhaps it's a result of being murdered, but, yeah, we tend to focus on the noble ideals rather than the often ugly reality of the man. I certainly confess to that.

ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Post by ArmagideonTim »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 9:35am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Perhaps it's a result of being murdered, but, yeah, we tend to focus on the noble ideals rather than the often ugly reality of the man. I certainly confess to that.
I was watching the Beatles Stories film through the week which revealed that Lennon was planning on voting for Reagan which was a bit of a shock.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 1:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

I was watching the Beatles Stories film through the week which revealed that Lennon was planning on voting for Reagan which was a bit of a shock.
Oh my fucking god. Musicians may be as dumb as athletes.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 1:29pm
ArmagideonTim wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Musicians ARE as dumb as athletes.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 2:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 1:29pm
ArmagideonTim wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Musicians ARE as dumb as athletes.
Certainly you wouldn't include the guys from Dokken, would you?