17%
Please Please Me
6%

Total votes: 18

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Beatles Survivor Poll - Please Please Me Side A

Post by WestwayKid »

Remember, you're voting for the track you want to vote off!!

We will run Side A & Side B at the same time until we complete an LP and then we'll move on.

We can hopefully move this poll to its own subgroup to avoid too much clutter.

Each round will last approximately 24 hours (I will try and update at noon CST every day).

PleasePleaseMe_audio_cover.jpg
PleasePleaseMe_audio_cover.jpg (44.79 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
Last edited by WestwayKid on 11 Oct 2020, 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Beatles Survivor Poll - Please Please Me Side A

Post by Heston »

Excellent work WWK. Thanks for this. Gonna stick the album on later with a glass of el plonko.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I have the 1st side narrowed down to 3 tracks right now, but need a listen to make my decision.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Just checking, but everyone is aware that they're supposed to vote off the song they want to see eliminated ;) ?

2 votes for I Saw Her Standing There on a side that also includes such tracks as the ham fisted Misery and the dash together Chains doesn't seem quite right.

I Saw Her Standing There is one of the all time great album openers. An explosive blast of energy. The opening line: "She was just seventeen/You know what I mean" is great. Musically, it's a bit rough, but their youthful exuberance makes up for any flubbed notes. I don't know if this song breaks any ground musically, seems built on standard blue chord changes, but culturally it feels important: a bunch of young white kids playing raw rock and roll.

Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 1:18pm
Just checking, but everyone is aware that they're supposed to vote off the song they want to see eliminated ;) ?

2 votes for I Saw Her Standing There on a side that also includes such tracks as the ham fisted Misery and the dash together Chains doesn't seem quite right.

I Saw Her Standing There is one of the all time great album openers. An explosive blast of energy. The opening line: "She was just seventeen/You know what I mean" is great. Musically, it's a bit rough, but their youthful exuberance makes up for any flubbed notes. I don't know if this song breaks any ground musically, seems built on standard blue chord changes, but culturally it feels important: a bunch of young white kids playing raw rock and roll.
I can only assume they are voting wrong. Superb track.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

There will be a 1st round amnesty for anyone who wants to change their vote.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:

I didn't know I was supposed to read the rules before voting.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 2:02pm
WestwayKid wrote:

You always have to read the fine print ;)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

When in doubt, kick out the Ringo song.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You've done about seven of these things now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 2:55pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

And never read the rules once.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 3:02pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You can change your vote this round.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 3:02pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I wouldn't leave you in charge of making me a Pot Noodle.

Heston

Post by Heston »

It came down to Boys or Chains for me, dumped Ringo.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I went with Chains. It's a pretty weak cover and George's vocal is weak and off tune.