No votes

Total votes: 13

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Help! - Side B - Round 5

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 8:34pm
I’m torn here, because Heston is wrong, but grading on a curve, a lot of those will be ones I’ll be forced to vote against fairly early because if the overall strength of the album.
Sure, those are mostly among the weaker songs, but they aren't actually weak, as he's suggesting is the case (compared to the current record). Rubber Soul is where the Beatles become a "holy fuck" band.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 8:42pm
Wolter wrote:
I’m torn here, because Heston is wrong, but grading on a curve, a lot of those will be ones I’ll be forced to vote against fairly early because if the overall strength of the album.
Sure, those are mostly among the weaker songs, but they aren't actually weak, as he's suggesting is the case (compared to the current record). Rubber Soul is where the Beatles become a "holy fuck" band.
On the good tracks they do, not on these ones.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 8:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 8:42pm
Wolter wrote:
On the good tracks they do, not on these ones.
Only within the context of the album. Pound for pound, punch for punch, the Beatles go from being lithe boxers to fucking monstrous maulers. I'll be able to pick off tracks working against each other, but as an overall body of work, it's a huge leap forward.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

My brain kept playing The Velvet Underground's What Goes On, but with Ringo Starr vocals when I was reading the above, then I remembered how the Beatles What Goes On actually went.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 5:42am
My brain kept playing The Velvet Underground's What Goes On, but with Ringo Starr vocals when I was reading the above, then I remembered how the Beatles What Goes On actually went.
I’m not gonna lie, it took me a minute to not have the same happen.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"