Marky Dread wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:54pm
Heston wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:39pm
Heston wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:38pm

Stronger competition. As much as I love IOS, Eleanor Rigby is better.
No chance buster!
Seriously though, I've been checking out a few sites with Beatles songs ranked. ER seems to average around the number 10 to 13 spot, with IOS usually in the 40's. So it seems it's just this board that has a problem with it.
I like ER but I love IOS. The whole feel of the song is fantastic. I can just soak it up.
I love both, but ER is definitely more recognised and renowned as a "Beatles classic."
Correct it is a classic. It's the third best track on a classic album. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Revolver - Side A - Round 6

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 2:36pm
IOS has way too many votes right now considering it never got more than two in all the other polls.
I'm honouring those who argued ER was a radical step forward in pop music. Nobody said that about IOS, so ER must be superior. :ugeek:
Why must ER be better? It was a change in the way the strings were used. That was forward thinking. Don't think I used the word "radical" though.

I think the track "If Music Could Talk" is radical with it's twin channelled vocals. But it's not as good as "One More Time".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 3:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
IOS has way too many votes right now considering it never got more than two in all the other polls.
I'm honouring those who argued ER was a radical step forward in pop music. Nobody said that about IOS, so ER must be superior. :ugeek:
Why must ER be better? It was a change in the way the strings were used. That was forward thinking. Don't think I used the word "radical" though.

I think the track "If Music Could Talk" is radical with it's twin channelled vocals. But it's not as good as "One More Time".
Don't make me regret championing ER over all those songs I actually like. You and Heston persuaded that it's one of the greatest Beatles songs of all time and not in any way out of place on Revolver. ER uber alles!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 3:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 3:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Don't make me regret championing ER over all those songs I actually like. You and Heston persuaded that it's one of the greatest Beatles songs of all time and not in any way out of place on Revolver. ER uber alles!
You should regret it big time. Music is about you making your own mind up by using your ears. Not listening to what all the talking heads might think. Also I think it's an excellent Beatles track but I doubt it would make my top 10. I don't like it more than TNK and never will but I can respect and appreciate that as a single not an album track it was a brave move to remove the band from the recording especially as Macca was very much against using the quartets.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Anyway, I like Eleanor Rigby but don’t love it. It’s going down about 2 rounds too late for my taste on an album with some bangers.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 4:02pm
Anyway, I like Eleanor Rigby but don’t love it. It’s going down about 2 rounds too late for my taste on an album with some bangers.
This.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia